Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Investing In Your Business: Do Men and Women Have Different Issues?
2/8/2008 7:29:02 PM
Joe, Thanks for coming back to enhance your answer. What a great story, thanks for posting it. You know, you have brought up an aspect of the subject that wasn't my first response, so it's a great example of how we can all learn from each other if we just open a dialogue about things. And you are so right! I have to say I am somewhat of a control freak--at least with regard to where and how our money is spent. Notice I said 'our' money. We have always pooled our finances, right from the beginning. By default, I was the one who controlled the budget. I think now that we should have done it together, but my husband never really showed much interest, much less apptitude, until recently. Now we discuss major expenditures, and all business expenditures, before making them. Of course, he is now my business partner as well. With regard to personal expenditures, what he has always called mad money, we budget personal 'allowances'. Neither of us is accountable to the other for how we elect to spend that. However, we do stick to the budget. If he wants to make a large purchase, he asks how much is 'in his allowance' and makes a decision accordingly. It accumulates in a virtual budget envelope until he wants it. He also has a personal cash hoarde, but that's another story, lol. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/8/2008 7:31:59 PM
Jen, sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. Good answer, lol. My husband is afraid to ask me how much I've spent without a return on investment (as I prefer to say rather than 'lost'). And that's good, because I would rather not add it up, lol. On the other hand, I've saved us thousands, maybe tens of thousands, over a 29-year marriage by being a great money manager. So I say it's a wash. ;-) Cheri
+0
2/28/2008 1:20:23 AM

I would like to discuss about expenditure with my spouse before spending money on any business.

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/29/2008 1:31:00 PM

K,

I completely respect that as your decision.  What I recommend is for anyone starting a business to set a budget, either an initial amount that you set aside for business or a monthly contribution to the business within your personal budget.  Then the person who is actually running the business should have the freedom to spend what is necessary within that budget. 

May I make a suggestion to you about your presence here on Adland K?  It would be easier for people to relate to you and to help you (if you need help) if they had a full name and a picture to go with your Adland identity. 

There are any number of posts and tutorials to teach you how to set things up if you need help.

Cheri

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!