Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Tourist Attractions
2/6/2008 1:00:51 PM

One of the most visited attraction in Jamaica is the Dunns River Falls, located in Ocho Rios, which is on the north central coast. Dunn's River was prominently featured in the very first James Bond film, "Dr. No."

TCB1166.jpg image by sue311                                 dunns.jpg image by sue311   

DunnsRiver.jpg image by sue311

It is very beautiful, but the most wonderful thing about the falls is that you can climb it. You would start at the bottom and climb for about 600 feet (??). Don't worry, each group has a guide as there are usually lots of people and you can hold hands or go single (your choice). There are grooves on the way up so it is easy to climb. Since the temperature is warm all year round, the water is very warm so stand under and let the water fall all over you. At some points you can lie down and take a pic...be careful your friends might push you over. I love that part.

There is also someone there videotaping it, so you can pay for that or take your own. You can also take your camera. There are generally guides there who will take your pictures. There are lockers there for your convenience, for a small fee.

The climb is not long, between 30-40 minutes. However, some people take the easy route and get off at the steps provided at the side of the falls. When you get to the top, simply walk the steps down to the beach. The beach is generally crowded with lots of locals, but this is usually on the weekends.

For those who love nature, you will be sure to find something delightful. There are also craft shops there.

You can take a picnic basket or if you choose not to, there is a cafeteria serving up Jamaican delights. Of course, there are souvenir shops which is on your way out. Dont worry, you are not hassled, but they are "sweet" with their mouth.

It is a lot of fun. Let me know when you go and bring me back a cup.

"Achieve Success With Candles" http://www.CoolCandleBiz.info
+0
Eugene Bonebright

23 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Tourist Attractions
2/6/2008 7:52:33 PM

Thank you very much I have been there and climbed the falls from the sea on to the top.  It is beautiful, refreshing and will go back when I have time.  I have many friend in Ocho Rios.

Thank you again

dr gene

dr gene
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!