Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Who's here....and why?
2/5/2008 11:27:04 PM

Jen, I'm sure you do have a lot to offer, and within the parameters of the discussion, we'd like to hear it.  I have heard of the program you promote, and if it works it seems like a good thing for participants whose goals are to pay off their mortgages and other debt.

I spent several hours with an amortization spreadsheet trying to see if it would work for me, and couldn't see an advantage.  Of course, at the time I didn't have any consumer debt at all, and in fact didn't have a mortgage either.  That was a temporary situation--the mortgage, I mean--but I still can't say that I see an advantage unless there's a lot of credit card debt to pay off.  Maybe we can have a thread to discuss the difference between open-ended and closed-ended loans--I think that would be valuable.

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 11:29:29 PM

Kathleen, thanks for the intriguing post.  I think there's a good discussion here, and I'll post a thread for it soon.

Thanks also for letting us know about your advertising thread.  I hope people will look into it.  I did take a look this afternoon and didn't see a way to start a thread...perhaps you can refresh my memory.

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2008 12:55:18 PM
Hello Cheri,

I am a little confused with the specific topic of this thread, however I would like to comment on Kathleens comment..

Hi Kathleen,  I am in agreement with you, I have always discussed my spending with my husband, both past ex and present, yet they do not seem to feel they have to discuss with us (unless it is something big) small spending for their hobbies etc they just go out and buy what they want.
I was not really sure if this was because of my more old fashioned upbringing, but feel more reassured that this is a habit that happens in many homes.

Kind regards
Amanda

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2008 1:54:38 PM

I don't know why the New Thread button doesn't show up for some people at my forum!  If you want to post an ad but can't see the New Thread button, just email it to me and I'll post it.

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/6/2008 1:57:12 PM

Thanks, Amanda!
I think it does go back to the days when women didn't go out and work, or we just do what our mothers did, always talk to the husband before spending.  I had to train myself to get out of that habit, I figured if I'm earning money, I'm entitled to spend part of it on myself without "permission"!  Husbands buy a lot of electronics for themselves and do online shopping without ever thinking to talk to us about it, sooo....?!  Besides, my spending is less and farther between than his, I think!  They do spend a lot on toys they want.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!