Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Cranberry Sauce Recipes
1/22/2008 1:02:13 AM
Since cranberries are healthy, I am including two recipes for cranberry sauce. I have not tried them, because I just found them online a few weeks ago. They do sound good, though. As soon as I buy some cranberries I will try one of them.

Traditional Cranberry Sauce (No Sugar)

Ingredients:

1 12 oz. bag of cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp. minced ginger
1 tsp. minced orange zest
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup honey

Directions:

Bring orange juice, ginger, zest and cinnamon to a boil on high heat in a medium saucepan.

Rinse cranberries and add to liquid mixture once it is boiling. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.

Add crushed pineapple and honey. Remove from heat and cool.

Spicy Cranberry Sauce

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups water
1 orange (including juice and finely chopped rind)
2 cups sugar (less if you prefer)
1 piece stick cinnamon
4 cups cranberries

Directions:

Cook first 4 ingredients for 5 minutes.

Add cranberries. Cook until the berries stop popping.

Cool without stirring.

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Cranberry Sauce Recipes
1/22/2008 1:03:56 AM

I will eat Cranberry sauce anytime!!  Thanks for posting the recipes Donna.

Pat who is saucy!!

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
1/22/2008 1:06:03 AM
Thank you Donna, they both sound yummmmy.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
Eva
Eva Gutray

348 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/22/2008 2:08:57 AM
01-22-2008 Tasmania-Australia Dear Friends, Thank You I will try it this weekend. Let you all known how it tasted. I will select few recipes that are try and unusual but economical, and tasty. Then be patient till I bring them on this forum. Warm Regards Eva
Non for Profit Organization from Tasmania - Australia GLOBAL HARMONY PEOPLE HELP PEOPLE WHERE? AT http://worldwin-ecard.com
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 2:48:53 PM

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the Recipes.  I'm kinda like Pat, in that I can eat Cranberries anytime.  I've tried the Traditional Cranberry Sauce recipe and it's delicious.

Here's another very tasty use for these wonderful and nutritious berries, that I try to make as often as possible.

CRANBERRY MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 tablespoon grated orange peel

(For the Healthy Recipe, I substitute Splenda for the Sugar, Egg-Beaters for the Eggs and of course, always use Butter rather than Margarine)

Toss cranberries with 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1 cup sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine eggs with milk; stir into flour mixture until just moistened. Gently fold in nuts and orange peel and cranberries. Fill paper-lined muffin tins two thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes about 18 muffins.

Hope you like them.

Have A Blessed Tuesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!