Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
What it Means, "Really"
1/17/2008 4:17:51 PM

"It's really a good movie," REALLY MEANS, "It's got guns, knives, fast cars, and good looking women."

"You know how bad my memory is," REALLY MEANS, "I remember the words to the theme song of "F Troop", the address of the first girl I kissed, the Vehicle Identification Number of every car I've ever owned, but I forgot your birthday."

"Oh, don't fuss. I just cut myself. It's no big deal," REALLY MEANS, "I have actually severed a limb, but will bleed to death before I admit I'm hurt."

"I do help around the house," REALLY MEANS, "I once threw a dirty towel near the laundry basket."

"What did I do this time?" REALLY MEANS, "What did you catch me doing?"

"She's one of the rabid feminists," REALLY MEANS, "She refused to make my coffee."

"I heard you," REALLY MEANS, "I haven't the foggiest clue what you just said, and am hoping desperately that I can fake it well enough so that you don't spend the next 3 days yelling at me."

"You really look terrific in that outfit," REALLY MEANS, "Please don't try on another outfit. I'm starving."

"I missed you," REALLY MEANS, "I can't find my sock drawer, the kids are hungry and we are out of toilet paper."

"I'm not lost. I know exactly where we are," REALLY MEANS, "No one will ever see us alive again."

"We share the housework," REALLY MEANS, "I make the messes. She cleans them up."

"I don't need to read the instructions," REALLY MEANS, "I am perfectly capable of messing it up without printed help."

Have a great day!
Mary

+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Re: What it Means, "Really"
1/17/2008 4:28:46 PM

Mary,

Does it Really ?  lol  Thank you for sharing your good Thursday chuckle . Gods speed :-) Lee

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2008 5:54:13 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for once again sharing a Smile, and in the case of a couple of these, an actual GIGGLE!

Having been married  a few times, I can honestly say that I've probably heard all of these at one time or the other, both the man's and the woman's versions.

Isn't the world such a brighter place, when we take the time to share a Smile?

The Value Of A Smile

It costs nothing, but creates much.

It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give.

It happens in a flash, yet it's memory often lasts a lietime.

It cannot be begged, borrowed or stolen, but it is of no earthly good to anyone, until it is given away!

So, if in your hurry, you run across someone too weary to smile - leave one of yours.

No one needs a smile, as much as one who has none to give.

Thanks My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2008 6:48:06 PM

Hello Lee,
I'm glad you enjoyed this!

+0
Mary Hannan