Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Please do not delete your forums !!!
1/17/2008 7:32:27 AM

Many of us are aware of this, but it is useful to say it once in a while for those who are either not concerned or simply did not yet know about it. Deleting a forum does have consequences for some friends who have their own website. Let me explain briefly; Google, amongst other major search engines are progressively moving along, due to their rocket science of algorithm knowledge, to attributing webpages rankings with quantity and quality of inbound links. An inbound link is a link that comes from other webpages, blogs or forums and finger-points to your website. (That is the one reason for having your webpage in your signature!). Search engines believe that this prevents webmasters to cheat the importance of their websites against their aim, which is “relevancy”.

Remember, if you have one of your keywords that is sending your site to the 10th position, and your dear best friend in Adland decides to clean-up his forums (where you have many posts,) for some reason known only to him, this may well set your keyword back just one position. We all know that there is a huge difference between being on page 2 as to page 1. Only 20% of people searching go to the second page!!!! (How can you downgrade your best friend? LOL)

I am checking my own daily positions for all keywords as with a telescope. And I can guarantee you that inbound links are great stuff, but I have not yet found the polite words to some friends here in Adland or elsewhere who scrub away their forums.

If you are still reading, I would like to highlight the following software that can be down-loaded freely. In its basic (free) version, you will be able to readily check so many website necessities and tweaking options, meaning that you WILL boost your rankings nicely by using it. Here is the IBP&ARELIS download site. (It is my trusty website telescope!)

Have a great day,

Robert.        

+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Please do not delete your forums !!!
1/17/2008 8:38:18 AM
hello Robert...I agree but only the people with their own website with really understand or should understand what you have said...thank you Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2008 8:46:44 AM
Hi Larry,

Robert's point is when you have any website in forums where you posted
the search engines have crawled and indexed the sites in the forums
and then applied techy stuff to increase or decrease the sites in the forums
search rankings.

Also anyone serious about making money online should have a
c-panel hosted website that they control in order to get to the single
largest source of visitors, prospects,buyers etc online... Search Engine Traffic

It is the source of 80% or so of the traffic on th net.

Thanks for the info Robert!

I'll not delete any forums here anymore.

Hey what happens to rankings for links in a forum that goes "inactive"?

Cheers!

Jason

Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/17/2008 8:49:25 AM
Hello Robert,

This is some very good and valuable information! I have to say that I would have never thought about this!

Thank you for the enlightement! :-)

Have a wonderful year,
Anamaria
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/17/2008 9:43:11 AM

Hello Larry,

Yes, you are right, it only concerns them that have a website and are interested in having it crawling its way up in the seniority hierarchy of search engines. Those of us that are trying to live off organic search results, or barging by the well to do PPC guys. (sounds like some dirty word, things to do with hyena type living! LOL).

Friendly yours.

Robert.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!