Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
TEENS IN ACTION ~
1/14/2008 8:47:42 PM
                        YOVA

There are so many great kids that do wonderful things in our Communities, but far too often the public never hear about these youths. This week I chose to write about an organization called "Youth Outreach For Victim Assistance".

"YOVA" organization for teen victims of crime so they would not feel alone, and also so that the teen would have someone their own age to relate to. The organization also teach people about crimes that are committed against Teens, such as, Assault, Bullying, Sexual Abuse, just to name a few.

YOVA also help victims to regain their life through counseling, as well as getting them in contact with a lawyer and other officials as needed, all free of charge. The organization are given grants so that the Teens can provide the services to victims of crime, and so they can provide information to the public through community assessment, outreach, advocacy, and peer victim service.

This is just another great example of what our youth of today are doing to try and make our world a better place.

Written By: Marilyn L. Martin                             Managing Editor TGAMM's Newsletter

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: TEENS IN ACTION ~
1/14/2008 10:02:21 PM

Thumbs Up Clapping Hands Bravo Great You Rock

YOVA Sounds like a great   organization.

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/14/2008 10:53:36 PM

Hello Marilyn

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Many of today's youth are very interested in helping others and staying away from the "bad apples" of their own group. 

The fact that they are becoming socially and civic minded at an early age is a very good sign that the future will be greater for all.

Thanks,

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week