Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Nick Mys

357 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia 2008 # 01: Hey Georgios, Hello John!
1/9/2008 2:20:04 PM

OK, let's translate and compare recipes

Classical Greek salad
- One of delicacies from solar Greece
(Information for tourists - in Greece 280 sunny days in a year)

The most popular salad in Greece - Greek, or rural. It submits in all taverns and restaurants. Though the some people speak, that this salad has been thought up specially for tourists.

Vegetable components:
· 1 crude cucumber cut by not so fine slices,
· 2-3 cut tomatoes,
· 1 bulb cut by ringlets,
· 2 green pods of sharp pepper or 1 sweet pepper cut as straw.
             PREPARATION:
Let's put the prepared vegetables in a salad dish and we shall sause well stirred in separate utensils from 6 table spoons of an olive oil, 2 table spoons of white grape vinegar, 0,5 teaspoons of salt and twice on a tip of a knife of black pepper.

Let's strew 200 gram of the Greek sheep cheese cut by cubes (either our brynza, or any other available cheese), we shall decorate with black olives and the cut greens of a parsley or pounded dry майораном.

It is the classical recipe of the Greek salad (Russian version)

+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/9/2008 2:23:55 PM

Can someone please take my order??I would like the greek salad please.

Kathy Hamilton

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia 2008 # 01: And Happy Birthday Georgios
1/9/2008 3:01:11 PM

Hello Georgios,

I wish to make your birthday a very special day......  You contribute so much to AdlandPro and I appreciate you.

VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia 2008 # 01: And Happy Birthday Georgios
1/9/2008 4:21:58 PM

Many happy returns of the day, and keep cool with that resina wine old boy! It's hard to count the bottles after the .... tenth one or so!

Robert.

+0
Dimitra Bravou

1603 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/10/2008 6:47:13 AM
Hi Nick,

I don't think the Greek salad invested for touristic reasons. I remember my childhood in my village where we used to eat this kind of salad (ok, we didn't decorated it with parsley but in many places in Greece - most in Peloponese or the Aegean islands they decorate it with caper). Greeks used simple ingredients to make special recipes, usually with everything they had in their vegetable gardens. They used always olive oil which is the healthiest oil that exists so Greek cuisine is famous all over the world. In fact, Mediterannean cuisine, as in all countries near the Mediterannean sea, the national cuisine seems like the Greek one.  Before America's discovery, ingredients like tomatoes, potatoes or corn, were unknown to Europe. After the arrival of these vegetables  and the  acceptance of  them by the Europeans, Greek cuisine enriched and changed somehow but it is always based in vegetables, herbs and weeds. I'm sure that many tourists remember the Greek dishes : mousaka, tzatziki, imam, spanakopita etc.

Dimitra
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!