Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Publish or Perish
1/2/2008 9:29:09 PM
Good Evening to you Tim:

I read what you had to say and what strike me is the dreaded word "Fear"...the fear of being laughed at, making mistakes and just giving up because of perceptions no one is listening.

I too have been talking to people and I gave this analogy to a member who said "I don't know what to say", do you remember Mash the t.v series, not the movie?  The character, Dr. Major Sidney Theodore Freedman, who was one of my favorite characters by the way, was always witing letters to Sigmund Freud. He made Sigmund Freud so real, it really was like talking to a real person a good friend.  Sometimes what can help a person write is to simply create a construct...real or imaginary...just write to that person about your chosen subject...it is amazing what we have to say and will take that fear out of the equation.

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in...lol

To Your Success

Diane
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 10:29:48 PM

Hello My Buddy Tim !

Please let the Angel of New Beginnings open the door to your heart and let the cleansing rays of hope fill you with happiness !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
1/3/2008 5:09:13 AM

I wish you Happiness and Joy...
And Blessings for the New Year.

+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/3/2008 7:29:38 AM
Hello Mr Tim,

Writing is my passion! Ever since I could form words, I've written.

Noone can stop me!!

I believe that if we are sincere and if our words are heartfelt, people will read and take in what we have to say.

I think that if we have written something it was meant to be written and it was meant to to be read by someone. There are no coincidences.

When we write we are meant to write. We don't decide when that moment arrives. It arrives when it needs to arrive. It arrives at the moment when it is needed (for the writer and the reader).

I hope that makes sense. I've just been writing without thinking. I just set my brain and fingers to the task and saw what came out.

You inspired me, I suppose.

I'd better stop, or I might go and on and on!

I've also got a letter to write to the president of France, to ask him to change some of the laws that are inhibiting a lot of people who would be writing a lot more and expanding their talents and reaching a lot more people. I'm on a mission. Actually it was you who started me on this mission, you know ;)

Just wanted to say that Diane's thoughts on writing to a character are very useful. I do that often. It is true. It is surprising what comes out of the ol' brain box.

I have got my success blog from you (but actually haven't put much on it yet, as I've been dealing with research into the French laws, and believe me, the reputation that the French have for bureaucratic strangulation is well deserved).

I won't go on. Don't want smoke coming out of your computers!! I've also got some writing to do.

Blessings and angel cuddles,

Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/3/2008 9:31:32 AM

Hello!!

Well, I am obviously in good company here - everyone appears to know what they are talking about.  (lol)

About that blogging - I, like Scott, have been putting it off, promising myself I would, but not getting to it - so I decided to get started with the Success Patrol Blog (the timing of that email of was just right! )-

the rest is still in your PM box Tim!!!  I am sure you will be getting back to me.

Blessings,

Judy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!