Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: God`s Gift of Love
5/31/2009 9:12:30 AM
I am posting a post I posted in Gregory!s: Thank you for your post,It was interesting to read from an different angle and with a different perspective. Here is my perspective...... I am glad you quoted the Lord`s prayer... It is indeed a powerful prayer and covers a vast things in the prayer. You are right about the other powers of the world...... Which is the wiles of the Devil. As in Ephesians chapter 6:12......says For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against powers.against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore as in rest of the chapter says.... That we are to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.Take up the armour of God,that we may be able to withstand in the evil days,and having done all to stand,and gird ourselves with Truth,breastplate of -righteousness,and having shod our feet with preparation of the Gospel of Peace,above all taking the shild of faith, with which we are able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked one. Also take the helmet of Salvation-thru Jesus Chris, and the sword of the Holy Spirit,Which is the word of God Bible. And May God give us grace to speak Boldly of His Name. And we do See His Glory and glimpses of Heaven, revealing the wonders that await us in the next life. The persons of peace is not simply a good person,or hospitable or friendly person. They are the ones who God has prepared either naturally or thru direct intervention of God. We must live out our faith by as conspicuously as possible. It is not about being religious, it is about being Spiritual.And living our lives with faith in all circumstances and situations regardless of consequences. This is about loving God and loving people. This is about obiedient thinking and living. One has to unconditionally live out a spiritual life. One has to act as the Holy Siprit prompts them engage the person of peace in such a way that the discovery occurs between them. Then one dwells with the person and place that Gode has prepared. It is living a obedient life that demonstrates the love of God and shares the Word of God in such a way that the lost become saves, the saves become obidient,and the obedient make more diciples for the Lord Jesus Christ. So it is not about us but about God and that we may praise His Name forever! For Jesus is the Light of the world! and Jesus is our Gift of Love!And Jesus is the Living Water.....and Abundance in our lives.......... Everyday our faith is beset by counterfiet religion and worldly philoophies, just as the Jews were confronted in the first century before Christ. Evryday the prevailing views of our culture seek to challenge,weaken,and erode our faith. Time after time, the wisdom of the world clashes head on with the wisdom of God found faith. If we are to live wisely,if we are to ready to meet the Lord, We must Seek His Wisdom!According to His Will for us.Jesus is the Wisdom of God (1 chorinthian verse 30) . May God Bless You Abundantly thru His Mercy Love and Grace. nimi
+0
6/27/2009 10:25:31 AM
The time is surely coming: The time is surely coming,says the Lord, when the one who plows shall overtake the one who reaps,and the trader of grapes the one who sows the seed: the mountains shall drip sweet wine,and all the hills shall flow with it. I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel,and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine,and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit, I will plant them upon their land, and they shall never be plucked up out of the land that I have given them,says the Lord Your God. Amos 9:13-15
+0
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2009 4:14:11 PM

Hi Nirmala,

Those are some wonderful words of blessings for a great weekend.

"I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel,and they shall rebuild the ruined cities and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and drink their wine,and they shall make gardens and eat their fruit..."

Thank you so very much for sharing.
And thanks for those wonderful wishes and prayers, I am highly lifted and blessed!!!

God be with you and your family!!

+0
7/3/2009 12:22:02 PM
Hello Sam, As always it is a pleasure and honor to have you visit my forum! Thank You for your vision without boundaries in your forums,and carrying the light of His Kingdom. May God continue to protect you and guide you in all your endeavors.....and shower you with His Countless bounties...And Praise His Name Forever........ Love nimi
+0
7/22/2009 5:41:31 PM
As i am participating in the Thaomas`s Forum.....finding the bible verse........for the week.....forgiveness..... I have made that my study for the week,and it is in my forefront this week..... God has been gracious toward me to forgive...people as things happen.......occasionally I get stubborn and say that I am absolutlety right.....lol...... But then I remember, how Our Father in heaven forgives me continuously.....no matter what I do......conciously and unconciously..... I subdu and Thank Him for His great gift of Forgiveness and that helps me to forgive others who has wronged me.... So I have decided to Post my posts in this forum also: for my visitors here in this forum: Greetings Thomas! When I saw this I couldnt resist but write!this is right in my alley! You are doing a great Job and Keep up the good work. I am going to pick a verse from the Good Old Psalm 130. "My Soul waiteth for the Lord" verse 3...If thou, Lord,shouldest mark iniquites, O lord,who shall stand? and verse 4: But there is forgiveness with thee,that thou mayest be feared. and the 2nd passage I chose is from Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a prince and a Saviour, for to give repentence to Israel,and forgiveness of sins. Mark3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemtion through the blood, the forgiveness of sins,according to the riches of His grace. In colosssians we read Pauls prayer for the Collosians: chapter 1:12-14 12:Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the spirits in light. 13:who hath delivered us from the pwoer of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear son. 14:In whom we have redemption through His blood,even the forgiveness of sins Daniel 9:9 To the Lordour God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against Him. Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and bretheren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins. well then todays`s worse would be: When Paul was tried before A-grip'-pa the king for claiming Jesus to be alive after crucifixtion. and when he was judged for these matters.... He repeats about the incidence when he was called to serve when he was still Saul...Acts 26 verse 14-17.I heard a voice speaking unto me,and saying in the Hebrew tongue, "Saul,Saul,why persecutest thou me? It is hard for me to kick against the pricks, I said who art Thou Lord, and He said, I am Jesus whom Thou persecutest. But rise and stand upon thy feet,for I have appeared unto thee,for this purpose,to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen,and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee. Delivering thee from the people,and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, Acts Chapter 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light,and from the power of satan,unto God,that they may receive forgiveness of sins,and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. The promise of the Final Salvation....... Micah 7:18-19 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. and I loved the video tooooo.....all my favorite verses.... one is hanging on my door.... Yes! Thomas only God can give us hope and security...... as the song goes"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,Because He lives all fear is gone! Because I know He holds the future,,,,,and life is worth the living Because He lives! Today I select the Lord`s Prayer....... that God forgives our sins.......and that we also must forgive others....endlessly.......as He does. and the song is in my solo list...which is great for many occasion. I often sing this....before meals,weddings or for memorial services.....and for no occasion at the Nursing Home I work. It is simply magnificient! The Lords prayer,which Jesus taught us to pray: which is uttered daily by thousands of Christians,a model for prayer,and a part of our daily request for our needs, and acknowledges His supremacy and position as the Almighty ruler. Mathew 6:9 and Luke 11:2-4 Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen May everyone who reads this, May you forgive everyone that you come across today......and reap the forgiveness extended by our Lord Jesus Christ!Amen! John 1:9-10 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. A Blessed Sunday to All..... Matthew 12:31 - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. Matthew 12:32 - And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, As the meditation for this Sunday....here is the explanation from the Voice of Love.......About The Holy Spirit "The Holy Spirit is the bridge to God within you. It is the part of your mind—the part of your Spirit—that is joined with the Mind of God. The Holy Spirit is the Voice for God and acts as a reminder to all of God's children of the unconditional love that God has for them. God loves His children so much that He wanted His children to always know that they are safe, they are loved, and they are whole. God created the Holy Spirit as a way to ensure that God’s children would always know these things. God gave this Voice to His children, and this Voice is now a part of them. It is the eternal perspective of Truth, Love, and Reality that cannot be taken from God's children. It is the Voice of God instilled within and the ever‑present reminder to God's children of the Truth of Who and What they are and the Love their Father has for them. By creating the Holy Spirit, God provided a way to bring His Voice into each of His children as they went out into the world so that they could always remember the Truth of Who and What they are. The Holy Spirit's function and purpose is to bring God’s Voice to each of God’s children, guiding them, directing them, loving them, and restoring their thinking to God's. Little by little, as you hear, recognize, understand, and become aware of the Holy Spirit in different ways—through your thinking, correcting a thought with this Voice, recognizing this Voice in another, sharing this Voice with a friend, and so on— the Holy Spirit is brought into the world and given to each of God’s children. This Voice is recognized in each of God’s children and used as a reminder for God’s children of the Truth so that they can overcome the world. The Holy Spirit was given to each of God’s Children by God, put within each one, and is now a part of them. It is not to think that the Holy Spirit is separate from you, is really only a part of God, or will one day be separate, because in Truth, the Holy Spirit is a part of you. It has now been blended and melted into you. That is why it is important to recognize this Voice of God in everyone you meet because It is part of them as well. The Holy Spirit is within each of God’s children and cannot be extracted. It is there as a constant Resource, Companion, and speaker of Truth no matter what you think you have done, what you think you are doing, or what you think you might do. This Voice for Love within you neither in this world, neither in the world to come." May The Holy Spirit be your companion! Daniel 9:9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against Him. Mark :2:5 1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. 2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. 3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. 4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. Have a Blessed Day! Forgiveness Poem THE GIFT OF FORGIVENESS I have a gift for you! It is the gift of lightness! Of the airsome heart Of the free and unfettered mind! It is the gift of the clear eye, the unburdened conscience, and the unshackled past. And the gift of high nobility! Of royal benevolence, and kingly strength of queenly compassion; The gift of young prince-like daring, and the tenderness of heart of young princesses caring. Ah, the gift I have for you, is a gift like no others! For after all that we�ve been through it is all gifts Mother of Mothers! For now that you�ve seen how precious indeed life is, How can you waste a minute in harbor where strife is? What good does it do carrying a grudge, any hardness of heart, any spiritual sludge! They weigh upon your sleep They blight your sun with haze, casting dark shadows over even your brightest days. And for times when you are the transgressor, keep these ready upon your lips; Creation�s two most powerful words! � which grace delightfully encrypts: �I�m sorry� to those when, perhaps you are not even the one to blame, and yet in so saying melts hardened hearts with angel�s aim. To forgive and ask for forgiveness, acknowledges we are all naught but simply human; Opens hearts lights a light where -giver and �givee are then illumined. We are all but on a path stumbling everyday; We�re indeed naught but children learning in every way; Trying to get it right, but often tripping over our own good intention, Yet on wings of forgiveness rise � phoenixes in divine ascension! © Dr. Michael R. Norwood Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemtion through the blood, the forgiveness of sins,according to the riches of His grace. Here is something from the Latterdays saints Doctrine: Thought for the evening........ Repentance is the second principle of the gospel. Our faith in Jesus Christ and our love for Him lead us to repent, or to change our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors that are not in harmony with His will and teachings. When we sincerely repent of our sins the Lord forgives us and remembers them no more. Doctrine and Covenants 58:42 James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick,and the Lord shall raise him up,and if he had committed sins,they shall be forgiven. Taken from "Wikipedia" In Judaism, if a person causes harm, but then sincerely and honestly apologizes to the wronged individual and tries to rectify the wrong, the wronged individual is religiously required to grant forgiveness: "It is forbidden to be obdurate and not allow yourself to be appeased. On the contrary, one should be easily pacified and find it difficult to become angry. When asked by an offender for forgiveness, one should forgive with a sincere mind and a willing spirit. . . forgiveness is natural to the seed of Israel." (Mishneh Torah, Teshuvah 2:10) In Judaism, one must go to those he has harmed in order to be entitled to forgiveness.[20] [One who sincerely apologizes three times for a wrong committed against another has fulfilled his or her obligation to seek forgiveness. (Shulchan Aruch) OC 606:1] This means that, unlike in Christianity, in Judaism a person cannot obtain forgiveness from God for wrongs the person has done to other people. Thus the Tefila Zaka meditation, which is recited just before Yom Kippur, closes with the following: "I know that there is no one so righteous that they have not wronged another, financially or physically, through deed or speech. This pains my heart within me, because wrongs between humans and their fellow are not atoned by Yom Kippur, until the wronged one is appeased. Because of this, my heart breaks within me, and my bones tremble; for even the day of death does not atone for such sins. Therefore I prostrate and beg before You, to have mercy on me, and grant me grace, compassion, and mercy in Your eyes and in the eyes of all people. For behold, I forgive with a final and resolved forgiveness anyone who has wronged me, whether in person or property, even if they slandered me, or spread falsehoods against me. So I release anyone who has injured me either in person or in property, or has committed any manner of sin that one may commit against another [except for legally enforceable business obligations, and except for someone who has deliberately harmed me with the thought ‘I can harm him because he will forgive me']. Except for these two, I fully and finally forgive everyone; may no one be punished because of me. And just as I forgive everyone, so may You grant me grace in the eyes of others, that they too forgive me absolutely." [emphasis added] Thus the "reward" for forgiving others is not God's forgiveness for wrongs done to others, but rather help in obtaining forgiveness from the other person. Luke 17:4 4Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.” Forgiveness According to Quran and Sunnah The Noble Qur'an - An-Nur 24:22 And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen, Al-Masâkîn (the poor), and those who left their homes for Allâh's Cause. Let them pardon and forgive. Do you not love that Allâh should forgive you? And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Hadith - Qudsi 34 O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as it. 11.11. Except those who are persevering and patient (neither despairing in affliction, nor exultant and self-glorifying in success), and do good, righteous deeds; it is they for whom is forgiveness and a great reward. Martin Luther King “Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanat attitude" John MacArthur “Forgiveness unleashes joy. It brings peace. It washes the slate clean. It sets all the highest values of love in motion." Hannah Moore “Forgiveness is the economy of the heart ... forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.” I just thought about "Sams"Forum for the New year......... This will go well with that....... May God grant us the desire,courage and the wisdom to forgive each other, continuously when the occasion arises! nimi
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!