Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The Trinity
12/13/2007 1:39:33 PM
    Long ago upon becoming a Bahai I was taught on the abstruse subject of the Trinity. And that it can be applied to all Founders of Gods Religions.
The  explanation I received was easy to understand:

Abdu'l-Bahá :

"These Holy Manifestations of God are as mirrors which have acquired illumination from the Sun of Truth,
(God) but the Sun does not descend from its high zenith and does not effect entrance within the mirror. In truth this mirror has attained complete polish and purity until the utmost capacity of reflection has been developed in it; therefore, the Sun of Reality with its fullest effulgence and splendour is revealed therein...
The Sun of Divinity and of Reality has revealed itself in various mirrors. Though these mirrors are many, yet the Sun is one. The bestowals of God are one; the reality of the divine religion is one. Consider how one and the same light has reflected itself in the different mirrors or manifestations of it....For instance, the Sun of Reality revealed itself from the Mosaic mirror. The people who were sincere accepted and believed in it. When the same Sun shone from the Messianic mirror, the Jews who were not lovers of the Sun and who were fettered by their adoration of the mirror of Moses, did not perceive the lights and effulgences of the Sun of Reality resplendent in Jesus; therefore, they were deprived of its bestowals. Yet the Sun of Reality, the Word of God, shone from the Messianic mirror through the wonderful mirror of Jesus Christ more fully and wonderfully. (Promulgation of Universal Peace,114-15

Abdu'l-Bahá also states:

This is what Jesus Christ meant when He declared 'the father is in the son', the purpose being that the reality of that eternal Sun had become reflected in its glory in Christ Himself. It does not signify that the Sun of Reality had descended from its place in heaven or that its essential Being had effected an entrance into the mirror, for there is neither entrance nor exit for the reality of Divinity; there is no ingress or egress; it is sanctified above all things and ever occupies its own holy station- (Promulgation 173-4).

Abdu'l-Bahá: "The Lord Christ said:

He that has seen Me hath seen the Father" - God manifested in man. The Sun, (God) does not leave His place in the heavens and descend into the mirror, for the actions of ascent and descent, coming and going, do not belong to the Infinite, they are the methods of finite beings. In the Manifestations of God , the perfectly polished mirror, appear the qualities of the SDivine in a form that man is capable of comprehending.(Paris Talks 26.

Abdu'l Bahá adds, "this explanation is so logical that it can easily be grasped by all minds willing to give it their consideration (IBID).

As for me it covers all.
Tell me, what you think, dear reader. You are invited.
Bye for now

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Trinity
12/13/2007 10:29:36 PM
Thank you so much for an other great article !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!