Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Think twice before getting your next "flu shot"
12/10/2007 11:56:04 PM

Like Rock and Wayne, I know several people that have gotten very sick after taken the flu shot.  This is the reason I have never taken one.  In fact the only time I take something for pain is when I'm hurting so bad that I'm in tears.  Medicines these days are packed so full of chemicals and have so many side affects that it makes me think they do more harm than good.  That's why I stick to the old home remedies like whiskey and sugar  or  warm water with honey and lemon.  Peppermint works great for stuffy noses.  Feed a cold starve a fever.  Good health is all in the diet.  If you eat healthy you stay healthy.   

Angela Lane Pam Jackson www.ytb.com/pamjuly www.helpatlast.biz
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/11/2007 12:44:47 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
12/11/2007 7:32:30 AM

Well really you want to feed both cold and a fever! to keep up your strength of course with the right supportive nutrients!

In Great health,

Wayne

healthtou
+0
12/11/2007 10:16:22 AM

HY TED AND EVERYONE HERE !

I TOOK FLU VACCIN ONLY ONCE BUT AFTER THIS I TOOK TOO THE WORST FLU! I'VE NEVER TAKEN IT AGAIN !

+0
Donna Navarrete

3 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/11/2007 7:47:56 PM

Whoa, I am feeling a little ganged up on.  I am looking at this from a nursing perspective and from working with patients who had comprimised immune systems, COPD, tendency towards getting the flu or pneumonia every winter, and I saw where it helped them get through the winter.

I do agree that a lot of chemicals and unknows things get ingested into the body in some form or another, but that's why they say that "medicine is not an exact science."  I know people can get sick after getting their flu shot, but usually means they had a virus or infection already going on in the body that hadn't showed it's ugly head yet.

I am not a closed minded person, just a nurse of more years that I care to count and am in favor of the shots but only on selected people.

Back at ya,

Donna

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!