Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Ask The questions on Identity Theft and On-Line Scams
8/9/2005 7:20:03 AM
Hi Everyone, Now that I have gotten thru the Introduction, Here is the forum to come and ask any Questions you may have about Identity Theft and On-Line Scams. These are very Dangerous Games that People Play with You and Your Identity, I take this information very seriously. SO Please ask away :)
+0
Re: Ask The questions on Identity Theft and On-Line Scams
8/9/2005 7:48:10 AM
I have been bombarded with Paypal Security emails asking for my information lately. I have notified Paypal spoof everytime. What is funny is I am also getting bombarded with ebay email asking for my information and I do not even have an account with them. Have any of you been getting emails from people asking you to help them get their relatives money out of another country. Like they thing most of us believe that. My husband went to an orientation last night for schooling on the Civil Service test. A friend of his recommended this to him, since he lost his job with Delta Airlines in March 2003, he was in cargo and Delta customs. This friend works with Homeland Security and thinks Jeff could get a job there. I checked the BBB and they have a satisfactory standing. What does that mean. Is there a better standing? Nora
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/9/2005 8:05:47 AM
Lenora, Tahnks for visiting My Forum. It is my understanding that Satisfactory is the Normal for the BBB. It means that if there were any Issues, that they resolved them in a timely and professional Manner. I am glad you Have notified paypal,Here are some links to my recent forums about this subject: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=50768 http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=2795 There is also a way of blocking out these fraudulant site, It's called Fraud Eliminator. You may check this out at my personal website, http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/HARV2416/
+0
8/9/2005 8:21:02 AM
Hi Eileen, My question would be, "Is identity theft America's fastest growing crime or is identity theft the fastest growing crime aimed at Americans?" It seems to me when I read the majority of these internet scam money requests, etc. that the king's english is usually awkward at best with very stilted usage. I am certainly not suggesting that we do not have enough of our own thieves, but the internet has opened everyone up to international thieves. I have noticed that many of the Paypal phishing emails have serious grammatical errors....ones which are typically made by non-native speakers.
+0
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/9/2005 8:37:47 AM
Hi Eileen, Question for you? If I receive and email that I am suspious of its orgin, What would be the best procedure for me to follow? Thanks, Today, I Will Be More Than I Was Yesterday, And even more than that Tomorrow!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!