Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Come celebrate with Anamaria Padurean !!!!!!!!!
12/4/2007 11:17:41 AM
For some reason the link on the main page doesnt work so here is the story folks!!

Little March Amulet
Every year Romanian people knit two little tassels: a white one and a red one. At the beginning of March, they offer this amulet to the girls they love…
In Moldavia, part of Romania, all persons can receive a little March amulet. Red means love for everything that is beautiful and white symbolizes the pureness and health of the snowdrops, the first flowers that appear in spring.
That is the first celebration of spring in Romania.

The Legend of March Amulet

Once upon a time, the Sun embodying a handsome young man, got down from the sky to dance a “hora” in a village.
A dragon lay in wait for him and kidnapped him from among the people and threw him into a jail. The world got sad. The birds wouldn’t flow and the children wouldn’t laugh.
No one dared to challenge the bad dragon. But one day a brave young man decided to go and save the Sun. Lots of people saw him off and shared their strength with him. So they helped him defeat the dragon and save the Sun. His journey lasted for three seasons: summer, autumn and winter. He found the dragon’s castle and they started to fight. They fought for days and finally the dragon was killed.

Powerless and wounded, the young man set the Sun free. The Sun rose in the sky cheering up all the people and filling them with joy. The nature revived, the people got happy, but the young man couldn’t live to see spring coming. The warm blood from his wounds dropped on the snow. While the snow was melting white flowers, called snowdrops, messengers of the spring, were appearing out of the snow. Even his last drop of blood dripped out in the immaculate snow. And he died.

Since then the young people have been knitting two little tassels: a white one and a red one. At the beginning of March, they offer this amulet to the girls they love… Red means love for everything that is beautiful. It reminds us of the colour of the brave young man’s blood. White symbolizes the pureness and health of the snowdrops, the first flowers that appear in spring.

Have fun all

Pauline R

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2007 12:18:50 PM
Hello Nick :-)

You're always so dear!
Sorry to say but this time I disagree with you!

I'm sure you're much, BUT STUPID! - so with respect to you no matter if there is a vaccine or not against it; it might be bothering only the others stupidity! Though, it is not the case here LOL! (Lucky us :-)  )

By the way, you should leave your hear alone, it might get angry with you LOL!!!!

Cool Graphics at RevolutionMySpace.com

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2007 1:17:54 PM
My Dear FREIEND JOYCE,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your friendship!
If I do only a small part of what you're saying, than I'm happy! I'm just sorry for being so much away and so little time here with you! Sometimes is so difficult to post that I have to give up and go along to another thread at least to read whats happening!

I wish to "meet" you more. You and your words made me so happy! I want to give some back to you!

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2007 1:29:13 PM
Hello Jim :-)

It is such a pleasure to meet people like you!
Romanian's culture is so much that is hard to present it in a few words!
I'm happy if I could give you a glimpse of it!

Thank you for coming and for all your kind words of friendship.
Anamaria

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/4/2007 3:24:43 PM
Hello my dear Pauline :-)

Thank you for posting that cute story about MARTISOR! This is how we call those little amulets!

Giving them isn't a custom only for MOLDAVIA but in the entire country! Only in my part (Transylvania) boys are giving them to girls!

I've written about this in my post: Beautiful Ancient Tradition.

Martisors and Snow Drops are called
"annunciators of spring"

With friendship,
Anamria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!