Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Peanuts ! ! ! University of Florida research ! Go Gators !
11/29/2007 9:10:20 AM
Linda,
I'm not a cook so I don't know 'Stevia'-what is it?
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2007 11:13:03 AM
Stevia is a sweet plant, used instead of refined sugar for cooking and drinks, etc.
In the 40s they started using it with diabetics, hypoglycemics, etc.

Some grow it and crush the leaves to put in drinks, like people do mint plant leaves also...

;-)
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2007 11:13:37 AM

Ain't it the Truth!!!

A woman goes to the doctor for her yearly physical.
The nurse starts with certain basic items.
"How much do you weigh?" she asks.
"115," she says.
The nurse puts her on the scale.
It turns out her weight is 140.
The nurse asks, "Your height?"
"5 foot 8," she says.
The nurse checks and sees that she only measures 5' 5".

She then takes her blood pressure
And tells the woman it is very high.
"Of course it's high!" she screams,
"When I came in here I was tall and slender!
Now I'm short and fat!"

Flour and Water

How come when you mix water and flour together

you get glue?.. 

and then you add eggs
and sugar...
and you get cake?

Where did the glue go ?

NEED AN ANSWER?

You know darned well where it went!

That's what makes the cake
Stick to your BUTT

Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread the
silliness and send this to someone you want to bring a smile to (maybe even a chuckle).

We all need a good laugh, keep laughing.

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2007 11:21:48 AM
 Walnuts

Back in 1993, the original Walnut Study from Loma Linda University made headlines around the world and was published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Why all the excitement? Because Loma Linda University had broken new ground. They were the first to find that walnuts in a controlled diet reduced LDL (bad) cholesterol and heart disease risk significantly more than the Step 1 diet that was then recommended by the American Heart Association.  In other words - they proved, scientifically, that food really can be your medicine.

In April 2000, another landmark walnut study was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. The study, a follow-up to the 1993 Loma Linda study, was conducted at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona. Researchers had 49 men and women with high cholesterol incorporate walnuts into a healthy Mediterranean diet, substituting a handful of walnuts a day for some of the monounsaturated fat in the diet.

Participants lowered their "bad" LDL cholesterol by almost 6 per cent and heart disease risk by 11 per cent beyond what would be expected from the Mediterranean diet alone. The Loma Linda study participants substituted walnuts, one of nature's richest sources of polyunsaturated fat, for saturated fat. The Barcelona participants substituted walnuts for another healthy fat.

Barcelona scientists also remarked on the ease of incorporating walnuts into the diet. According to researcher Juan Carlos Laguna, Ph.D., "That's the main point of the study. You eat a normal amount, like five or six walnuts a day. That's something you can do every day without any problem."

We encourage parents to consider bringing walnuts home from the store in place of cheese puffs, potato chips and other processed food snacks. Let the kids open the walnuts themselves and enjoy the very heatlhy treat inside. You can also find walnuts in many of your favorite Wholefood Farmacy foods including Phi Plus, TropiPhi, Coco Cherry Phi and Cranberry Phi.

Visit The Wholefood Farmacy
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2007 12:54:47 PM
For you Linda!
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!