Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: COME POST YOUR FAVORITE POEM OR SCRIPTURE !!! THANKS!
8/5/2008 7:36:33 PM

I will continue to post everyday or every other day to help you revive this thread.

I hope that you ladies will join me on one of my live calls either by web or phone. For more details please send me a message.

I do a live Bible study and prayer request call and live advice call weekly. The bible study call is on Tuesdays and the advice calls are on Monday. Both of these calls are at 7:00pm eastern time.

Sincerely,

Minister Tabitha Variance

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/6/2008 8:04:23 AM
This week's promise: Our prayers bring us into God's presence

What should be our attitude in prayer?

Then Eli realized it was the Lord who was calling the boy. So he said to Samuel, "Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, 'Yes, Lord, your servant is listening.'" So Samuel went back to bed. And the Lord came and called as before, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel replied, "Yes, your servant is listening."

1 Samuel 3:8-10 NLT

Speak, Lord, in the stillness, while I wait on Thee; hushed my heart to listen in expectancy.
Speak, O blessed Master, in this quiet hour, let me see Thy face, Lord, feel Thy touch of power.
Emily May Grimes
God revealed

God revealed himself mightily to the prophet Elijah, sending fire to burn the sacrifice on Mount Carmel. But later, as Elijah moped on the mountain, the Lord taught him an important lesson. There was a wind, an earthquake, and a fire—but the Lord was not in any of these. Then came a still, small voice. That was how God chose to speak to His prophet.

The same is true today. We long for fire from heaven to silence the skeptics once and for all, but God doesn't usually work that way. Long ago He revealed Himself as a helpless baby sleeping in a dirty feed trough, and today He speaks quietly to ordinary people like you and me—if only we are still enough to listen. That is the sentiment expressed by Emily May Grimes in the words of the hymn, "Speak, Lord, in the Stillness."
GOD BLESS!
Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2008 7:35:32 AM

HI FRIENDS,

Here is a daily devotion : Hope you enjoy it!! :)

Carla (a)

This week's promise: Those who trust in God are no longer guilty

What is the worst sin we can commit?

And when he comes, he will convince the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

John 16:8 NLT

The worst sin

What would you consider the worst sin you could commit? Adultery? Stealing? Murder? You might be surprised by the answer the Bible gives.

The worst sin—and the one with the most far-reaching consequences—is this: to refuse to believe in Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit convicts guilty men and women of sin "because they do not believe in Me." (John 16:9) On that final day, it will not so much be the sin question as it will be the Son question. All sins can be dealt with and forgiven if we believe in Jesus.

We must not forget that knowledge brings responsibility. It is a grave thing to shake off the conviction of the Spirit.

Jesus said the Spirit came to convict us "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged" (John 16:11). The ruler or prince of this world, Satan, was judged at Calvary. When Jesus went to the cross and died in our place, Satan lost his death grip on humanity.

The spirit convicts us of sin, righteousness, and judgment, but He wants most of all to give us assurance of forgiven sin. Why not let Him do what He really desires to do? Why not come to Jesus? Or if you have already done that, help someone else to follow your example.

+0
8/17/2008 9:16:05 AM

Thanks Carla!

From Complete Jewish Bible, B´resheet

Genesis 1:1-5

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water.Then God said, "Let there be light", and there was light.God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness.God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.So there was evening, and there was morning one day."

After all, the Torah is the foundation for all the rest in the Scripture, and this is a mighty beginning!

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2008 6:44:25 AM

Hello Mattias,

Thanks so much!!

In Christ,

Carla :)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!