Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: COME POST YOUR FAVORITE POEM OR SCRIPTURE !!! THANKS!
1/22/2008 2:36:57 PM

Hello Mattias,

THANKS! Be sure and go to Pauline's BFA and

vote for the Prayer Cell Forum in the contest.

Thanks again for the lovely poem.

Sincerely,

Carla :)

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2008 2:52:30 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/23/2008 8:28:52 AM

Hello friends,

Here is a daily devotion, hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Daily Light
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me. Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee. it:
I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, ... and it shall be given him.
Who is sufficient for these things? I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing. My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee ... Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; ... when I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

Ps. 94:19. Ps. 61:2. Isa. 38:14. Ps. 55:22. 1 Kings 3:7. James 1:5. 2 Cor. 2:16. Rom. 7:18. 2 Cor. 12:9. Matt. 9:2,22. Ps.
63:5,6.

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/27/2008 12:09:08 PM

HI FRIENDS,

Here is one of my favorite scriptures!

Thanks,

ROMANS 8:28 : ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE ;)

+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2008 8:33:43 AM

HI Friends,
Here's a daily devotion for you, hope you enjoy it!
God bless!

This week's promise: God is always willing to forgive us

Have you experienced the amazing grace that changed John Newton?

For God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead.

Ephesians 2:4 NLT

Amazing grace

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound—
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.
Amazing Grace ,
John Newton (1725-1807)

The gift of forgiveness is often best appreciated by those who need it the most. The Reverend John Newton experienced this truth firsthand. His tombstone tells the story: "John Newton, clerk, once an infidel and Libertine, a servant of slavers in Africa, was, by the rich mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, preserved, restored, pardoned, and appointed to preach the faith he had so long labored to destroy." These words were written by Newton himself, a testimony to God's transforming power. After years as a hardened slave trader, that "wretch" met Jesus Christ and abruptly turned to defend the gospel he had so long despised.

Throughout Newton's years of ministry, God's amazing grace remained central to Newton's thinking. When it was suggested he retire (at age eighty-two!) due to poor health and a failing memory, he responded, "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior!"

adapted from The One Year® Book of Hymns by Mark Norton and Robert Brown, Tyndale House Publishers (1995), entry for March 17

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!