Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: COME POST YOUR FAVORITE POEM OR SCRIPTURE !!! THANKS!
1/17/2008 11:07:07 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Sue
Sue Dietrich

281 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2008 9:29:37 PM
IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows" (Psalm 23:5, NIV).
Would you want your perceived enemies to be alive or dead? Would you want them to live well so that they can see the wonders that God will do in your life, or want God to get rid of them before He blesses you? The human nature makes one not only to rejoice at the misfortunes of one’s enemies, but to also wish them misfortunes and even invoke curses against them. Many people allow this human nature to control them in doing such things against their perceived enemies.
However, a regenerated man will have a positive attitude toward his perceived enemies. Apart from this, it is evident that is it is the pleasure of God to spare the lives of our perceived enemies so that they will witness the goodness of God in our lives, and even come to praise God with us and seek peace with us if possible.
This is what happened in the life of Isaac in Genesis 26. Isaac was in the land of Gerar, but the people there did not like him. They did all they could to frustrate him out of the land. However, the more they frustrated him the more God blessed him and made him to expand to the extent that his enemies came begging for reconciliation and treaty and apparently to share out of the blessings of God for Isaac. What a great triumph! Would Isaac have such if his enemies had died?
This reminds me of the words of David in Psalm 23: "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows" (verse 5, NIV). In the presence of your enemies, the Lord will bless you abundantly. Your blessings will be so much that you will be a blessing even to your enemies. Your enemies will live long to witness your breakthrough, and they will long to make peace with you and possibly share out of your blessings in Jesus’ name. Amen.
However, a note of warning: let your ways be pleasing to the Lord! The Bible says, "When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him" (Proverbs 16:7, NIV). Isaac ways were pleasing to God because he obeyed God (see Genesis 26:2-6). It is well with your soul!
In His service,
Keep Smiling

Peaches :)
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 8:45:04 AM

Hi Peaches,

Thanks! That was a real blessing!! :)

Carla :)

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/22/2008 8:52:24 AM

HI ! Hope you all enjoy this one, I got it from God's Daily Promises :)

Love in Christ,

Carla :)

This week's promise: Obeying God brings great joy

Is your obedience complete?

"But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.' The son answered, 'No, I won't go,' but later he changed his mind and went anyway. Then the father told the other son, 'You go,' and he said, 'Yes, sir, I will.' But he didn't go. Which of the two was obeying his father?"

They replied, "The first of course."

Then Jesus explained the meaning "I assure you, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do. For John the Baptist came and showed you the way to life, and you didn't believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to turn from your sins and believe him."

Matthew 21:28-32 NLT

Real obedience

Someone has said that the road to destruction is paved with good intentions. In this parable, Jesus is showing us that our actions prove our obedience or disobedience. Even though the one son had no intention of obeying, the fact that he obeyed in the end made him the obedient son. The other son said the right thing but didn't follow through, and he was therefore disobedient. We are reminded that our professions of faith are only as valid as the actions that follow them. Which brother in this story illustrates your walk with Christ?

adapted from TouchPoint Bible with devotional commentary by Ron Beers and Gilbert Beers, Tyndale House Publishers (1996), p 846

Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
1/22/2008 11:35:32 AM

This is a gift from me:

If you can imagine

Can you imagine a sky without stars?
Can you imagine a sea without water?
Well, I can imagine a black hole in the universe
which is like the emptiness, some has got in their hearts
and as the dry desert, only with mirages.

Tell me, are you longing for a journey in the space?
Are you going to sail the seas, to find some kind of trace?
In any case, I can imagine you with a longing heart
as the birds are longing for flying south
and as the forest is longing for some trees to grow.

Will you pick down the stars for me?
Are you so thirsty, that you can drink a whole sea?
Well, I can imagine life coming to your heart
but I can also imagine living water coming to your soul.
Will you walk on water in faith?, and will you whistle with your mouth?

Long live the poetry!!

Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!