Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sharon Lee

6727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What the... Hey...
11/14/2007 9:47:03 AM

Hi Ruby,, I agree also with everyone. Wish we had more details to help you with.

But there are a lot of adlandpro forums that are open for most to post in. And as Lee said also,,Some new members will spam not knowing what they are doing. We can educate them with a simple letter. That always helps.

Peace.

+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/14/2007 12:20:14 PM

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I understand PERFECTLY what Ruby's talking about.

I went back through some of her past posts and saw for myself, imagining how I would feel...

You see it all the time. Someone posts something in their own forum..be it an ad for a new system they're involved in, or a subject they are inviting discussions on, and people pop in with a "glitter graphic", a glib comment simply designed to prop up their "status" of a "Top Poster", or their own OFF TOPIC blurb about another marketing system or product...

Where's the respect for each other here? How do you feel when someone ignores your post in your own forum and blatantly advertises their own thing?

We invite others in the hopes of attracting them to whatever we're doing yes..we invite them to participate in the discussions, otherwise we get carted off for always talking to ourselves..we invite others to grow our "virtual" list and promote OUR products or services.

If this was email those kinds of unwanted posts would be called spam.

So what do we call it here??

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
11/16/2007 10:08:32 AM
After going through some of Ruby's posts I think I see what you're talking about, Tim, but there hasn't been any corroboration from Ruby about what the problem actually is so I can't come to any conclusions. I would agree with Lee and the others that a message to the person causing the problem would be in order and you are always able to block people or remove them from your friend list. I hope you're able to solve the problem, Ruby.
+0
Ruby Garson

151 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/16/2007 6:56:02 PM

Thank you all for your imput! 

And I do appologize for the lack of information.  However, I am not one to usually make waves.  So I was trying not to use the example I was referring to.  I also don't want to make others feel I don't want them to post. That is not the case. So I didn't mention any names.  I figure the one who was being referred to might get the message and either re-open their own forum or stop posting their own ads, every time I posted a new one here.  In My Forum.

However...

At first, I was just going to give them a taste of their own medicine and post an ad of mine in their forum, but when I tried, I found it to be there, but all the threads were rendered inactive.  I assume by the person themselves.  Maybe because they only have 150 or so friends and I have many more than that. Maybe they feel that they can use my friends to sell their ideas or business to. Rather than spend the time and effort to gain their own friends.    

Anyway...

I was upset, not because someone posted an occaisional ad, but it seems like each time I posted a new thread, or a new post, that persons came and placed a post behind mine and pushed my thread or post further down and eventually out of site.  I mean this happened more than a few times.  It's been going on for the last dozen or so threads I have started.  Maybe I'm exagerating... I don't know.  It just got to the point that I had to try to let this person know.

And when I tried, I realized that in their mind--it was better to use the efforts of other people than to spend time to get friends themselves. That was the conclusion I came up with.

Well, as I always try to see the positive in everything. I now realize I need to go back to using this thread for what I intended it for.  Training about marketing and copywriting.  And now I need to do a thread about the proper ways to develop friendships so others will hear what you have to say in your marketing.  Or something to that effect.

Thank you all for listening.  I look forward to any comments or posts you want to ad.

Take care and God Bless

Ruby 

To Your Life Success, From Direct Response Ruby Garson Success University http://vur.me/DirectResponse1/SuGM NowYouCanSucceed@gmail.com Get paid to be entertained! http://www.E4L.BIZ/money.htm?RubyGarson
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/16/2007 11:37:04 PM
hello Ruby...thank you for the update and additional information...I agree with you and people should have a little more respect for our forums...thanks...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0