Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Mind, Body and Soul - Being Awake
11/2/2007 2:18:14 PM

Good Evening Readers & listeners,

The Trans-Atlantic Mind, Body & Soul show, on Thursday 31st October, at Real Coaching Radio, had as its central theme the topic of “Being Awake”.

The first question that Host Coach Steve Toth and myself Co-Host Drª Venerina Conti tried to address was: “Who are you”? 

We are launching a challenge to you, our listeners.  How many of you out there can actually answer the question: “Who are you”? … Are you how you identify yourself in your societal role?  Are you who you envisage yourself to be as defined by others? Have you lost track of who you are?

Regardless of your answer, whoever you are is a very deep and personal matter but we all share one common trait, our souls derive from the same place … from the One and only Conscious Creative being.

Egdar Cayce believed that our soul’s purpose for being here, in the physical being, is to learn, grow and develop so it may earn it’s place next to the Creator.  We are all born with the same potential for being.  We all have our innate connection to our spirit and that of the Universal Being. 

Somehow though, we lose this sense of connection as we grow older due to whatever may influence us such as: educational systems, cultural integration, societal stereotyping and so forth. It takes for something drastic to happen in one’s life for the spiritual awakening to re-occur and for us to, once again, be in touch with our Inner Self and the Higher Being. 

It all seems to be about extremes rather than integration.  Some people experience the separate duality of spiritualism and the physical.  Some people only experience either one or the other. For a person to be whole and complete it is necessary to find a means of integrating the two extremes in our modern world.  This can be done by focusing ourselves and giving equal attention to all parts of who we are.  The rewards are phenomenal.  Don’t wait for something drastic to happen to you before you awaken.

Life is not a survival. Life does not have to a be hard.  Life is for creating and experiencing.  We are the sole creators of us, of our own circumstances and the world we surround ourselves with.  Change requires action on our part.  If we do nothing, nothing will happen. 

We all construe our own realities but the truth is that there is no one singular absolute reality.  There is no one singular absolute truth.  There are multiple realities and multiple potential realities that we all have the abilities to create.  The only limiting factor in creating the you and the life that you want is you and your imagination. How far are you prepared to go?  How much are you prepared to put into it? Are you willing to face your own fears in order to create a new reality?

As long as we are alive, as long as we have desire to and as long as we are willing to, we can change anything and everything around us.  If you cannot do it on your own then you could seek the guidance of a professional Coach. 

Real Coaching Radio offers 7 Professional Coaches in 7 Professional areas of Life Balancing.  Email Coach Steve Toth at realcoachingradio@msn.com for more information.

Namaste until next week.  Don't forget, after the show you can listen to Joe Buccheri and our partners over at TGAMM.  

Venerina & Coach Steve Toth

www.villavalview.com

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Mind, Body and Soul - Being Awake
11/11/2007 5:42:52 AM

Hi Venerina,

I read your article with great interest and it's so true. I found so many points in the article that I can relate to and know from personal experience to be true.

I discovered a "truth" for myself many years ago.

All of us have gone trough tough periods in our life and the question is what do we do when that happens. There are those that'll simply give up and tell themselves that there is nothing to look forward to anymore or the "Gods" are against me etc.etc., a bunch of pathetic excuses rather then doing something about it and taking action. And then there are those that will first of all learn from what went wrong and change their reality by sheer will power and the desire to succeed. Their imagination goes rampant with new and better ideas and in most cases they succeed and if they don't at first they'll keep on trying.

So what is the "truth" that I discovered? That from all bad things that happen good comes out in the end if you remain positive and have the desire to change what was to a new and better reality.

Your closing paragraphs sum it up very well. Better then I can express in words. We all construe our own realities but the truth is that there is no one singular absolute reality.  There is no one singular absolute truth.  There are multiple realities and multiple potential realities that we all have the abilities to create.  The only limiting factor in creating the you and the life that you want is you and your imagination. How far are you prepared to go?  How much are you prepared to put into it? Are you willing to face your own fears in order to create a new reality?

As long as we are alive, as long as we have desire to and as long as we are willing to, we can change anything and everything around us.  If you cannot do it on your own then you could seek the guidance of a professional Coach. 

I look forward to reading your next article.

All the best & Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Robert De Merode

669 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Mind, Body and Soul - Being Awake
11/13/2007 3:02:50 AM

Hello Venerina,

Just reading around, as I had not come across your forums since ages. Big lacune!

It is truly a pleasure to read your well laid out exposés, I appreciate, even though there are some matters that I believe need to be argued. You say that there is no singular absolute truth. Obviously, you understand what I am referring to and therefore I like to see your approach to the subject only as in a mirror. “All roads lead to Rome” says the adage, meaning that effectively there is no singular set of rules for mastering ones own destination in any particular situation. But, if these roads are multiple and therefore diverse in their particularities, they non the less have the same ultimate destination like it or not. If I speak of a mirror, it is because your argument seems to look at the road with what it has without the “singular absolute” destination. Such a journey would be, may I say, rather empty even if along the way there were to be plenty of heroic feats and endeavours, pleasures and toils.

Ultimately, this journey with no “singular absolute” destination, would be void and therefore to many travellers pretty much obsolete, whatever argument or philosophy is put forward. Of course these teachings, theories, coachings are reputable for the singular part but not necessarily to the totality of the journey. If you master your handicaps, whatever they may be, and forsake the “singular absolute truth” there is no doubt about the fact that you will unavoidably succumb to the grater pitfall of settling into the newfound comfort zone.

Similarly, when a herd with no Sheppard is confronted with a wolf, they will scarper in all directions (in a very liberal manner) only to be singled out thereafter for the better ease of the ravenger.

My kind and friendly regards to you, (you’re doing a great job out there on your Island!)

Robert.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!