Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Re: Holiday Recipes ! Please post yours !
11/8/2007 4:59:49 PM

Hi Linda,

I had to return as one from my family sent me this and I think its great to have all in one place (shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I all the baking here )  Gods speed :-) Lee

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/8/2007 11:05:09 PM
Joe,

Awesome recipes !

A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her
own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond.
I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our
front yard. We rode our horses everyday thru the meadows
and fields around our home. We picked wild blackberries
in the woods near our home..."

The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in.
At last she said,

"I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner GRANDMA !"

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/12/2007 1:55:36 PM
10 new uses for olive oil!

1. Shine stainless steel. Many cleaning standbys, such as ammonia, can dull and even corrode chrome or stainless steel. Olive oil, however, is a safe and effective shining agent.
2. Dust wooden furniture. Apply a bit of oil to a cloth, and wipe.
3. Prevent wax from sticking to a candle holder. Rub a thin coat on the base of the holder before inserting the candle. Dripped wax should peel away easily.
4. Silence squeaky doors. Lubricate hinges by applying a small amount to a cloth, then wiping the top of the hinges so that the oil runs down the sides.
5. Moisturize cuticles. Apply a small amount of olive oil to your nail beds.
6. Remove eye makeup. Dab a little under the eyes, and rinse off with a washcloth.
7. Condition your hair. Warm 1/2 cup olive oil, and liberally apply it to your hair. Cover your hair with a plastic grocery bag, then wrap it in a towel. Let it set for 45 minutes, then shampoo and thoroughly rinse.
8. Shave. Olive oil not only makes it easier for the blade to glide over your face or legs, but it moisturizes your skin as well.
9. Unstick a zipper. Using a cotton swab, apply a drop to lubricate the teeth. (Avoid touching the fabric.) The zipper should move up and down freely.
10. Recondition an old baseball glove. Just work the oil into the dry areas of your mitt with a soft cloth, let it set for 30 minutes, then wipe off any excess.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2007 2:18:15 PM

Hi Linda, I serve this appetizer at our Thanksgiving feast last year and everyone loved it.  Pat

Hot Spinach-and-Artichoke Dip has long been one of the top menu items at my Wolfgang Puck Cafes, something people automatically ask for at the same time they order their drinks. Its deep-green color, bright and rich flavors, and casual style of eating - scooped up with crusty French bread, crackers, tortilla chips, hot pita, or flatbread - makes it an ideal way to perk up appetites.

And that's what an appetizer is meant to do, isn't it?

Ingredients

3 bunches or bags of spinach, washed, stems removed
1 10 oz. package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1 C. mayonnaise
1/3 C. mascarpone cheese
1/3 C. crème fraiche
2 Tbs. fresh creamy goat cheese
2 Tbs. minced raw or roasted garlic
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. fine breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. ground paprika
Crusty French bread slices, crackers, or chips, for serving

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Set a large bowl of ice and water on the counter nearby. Put 1 bunch of spinach in a metal sieve just small enough to fit inside the pot and immerse the spinach in the boiling water for about 1 minute and then carefully lift out the sieve and use it to immerse the spinach in the ice water for 30 seconds. Remove the sieve from the water and, with the back of a large metal spoon, press down firmly on the spinach to squeeze out all excess water. Transfer the spinach to a mixing bowl and set aside. Repeat the process with the remaining bunches of spinach.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Put the artichokes in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the stainless-steel blade. Pulse the machine on and off until the artichokes are very coarsely chopped, for about 5-7 seconds.
Leave the artichokes in the processor and add to them the mayonnaise, mascarpone, crème fraiche, goat cheese, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan. Pulse the machine several times just until they are thoroughly combined.

Add the well-drained spinach to the processor and pulse the machine several times more, just until the spinach is combined with the other ingredients. The mixture should still have some texture and not be completely smooth. Spoon it into a shallow ovenproof baking dish.
In a small bowl, toss the remaining Parmesan together with the breadcrumbs and paprika. Sprinkle this topping evenly over the dip. Put the dish in the preheated oven and then bake until the dip is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.

Transfer the baking dish to a heatproof trivet or pad on the serving table and surround it with slices of crusty French bread, crackers, or chips for dipping.

Yield: about 2 cups, 4-6 servings

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/13/2007 4:38:04 PM
Patricia B,

Awesome !  I love Spinach and Artichoke Dip !

Happy Holidays !

Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!