Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Panda Pointer-Squatter on your forum
10/5/2007 3:03:51 PM
Hi Mary, You have to be a paid Adlander in order to send a direct message to all your friends. It sounds a whole lot easier for non-paid members to post threads on their own forums and if they have a question they think another forum owner could answer, send a private message after inviting the owner to be friends. Then the owner of the forum may be able to direct the non-paid member to the member or forum most able to answer the question.
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/13/2007 4:27:57 PM

Mary

This concept is only viable if you know the difference between a thread and a post in Adland.  

I was invited to enter a thread to some guy's forum so I did.  He deleted it with a nasty note saying I had not been invited.   I had been invited, what he failed to say in his invitation was the thread invite was only for Jerky Direct people.  Remember not every one in your friends list is on your Business list and visa versa. 

What helps me is if the forum owner says - Post your ads in this thread only - so I know where to go.

Squatting Squatter,

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2007 7:45:16 PM
Hi Vel, Your point is very well taken. In fact I went back and re-read my original post. I had used the wrong word ( forum instead of thread) and see why this is so confusing not only to older users here in Adlandpro but especially to the new people. I also noticed your response in Kathleen's forum about not seeing the whole forum when you post on an existing thread. But here we are talking about going to someone's forum and putting up a thread. There you should see the description. Some forum owners, I see actually suggest that people can do that. There is no convincing people that no one was invited. If I saw a forum like that I would not waste time posting there. Just go make your own forum.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!