Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Controversial Sabbath
9/24/2007 4:12:43 AM

Hi, James,

What a very good title because today the sabbath really is controversial.

You need an immediate life saving operation - but it is the sabbath!

Your house is burning down - but it is the sabbath!

You need electricity to maintain your life support system - but it is the sabbath!

You are being robbed - but it is the sabbath!

There has been a major break-down in the sewage plant - but it is the sabbath!

You have fallen on the church steps and broken your leg - but it is the sabbath!

Your wife is having a difficult delivery - but it is the sabbath!

Your husband is having a heart attack - but it is the sabbath!

I suppose to be a surgeon, firman, policeman, sewage worker or ambulance driver prepared to answer the call for help on the sabbath - you can't be a true christian.

The Old Coot

+0
9/24/2007 7:59:48 AM
All I know is that the Lord says in His word, "First to the Jew and then to the Gentile". Jesus went among His own and they received Him not. Jesus kept the Sabbath and although the some of His nation received Him not, they did not reject the true Sabbath Day. To this Day, the Sabbath is observed in the Holy Land and throughout the World by both orthodox,non-orthodox, and Messanic Jews. Jesus is the "Lord of the Sabbath". It remains Holy. Although a Man changed the "Sabbath" Day, God did not. So, I choose to follow God and Keep the Sabbath, on God's Appointed Calendar, Sunset Friday through Sunset Saturday. I am in agreement with the Word of God, not Constantine, who has no heaven or hell to put me in. Who, cannot restore my soul. Who, cannot wash away my sins.... Shirley Shaw DeliverTheWord
+0
Podo Pierre

293 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/24/2007 8:13:23 AM

Dear James,

I have a genuine love for this word ' Sabbath' and has made some  studies about its effects and the multiple meanings and translations attached to it.

God is  Spirit, and we as his blessed image and likeness call only reflect him in such a spiritual manner as he sees us. We abide in him by the love we have for each other .For the bible says ' How can we love God whom we do not see, if we show no love to the people we see' . So the adage goes, ' How can we rest and make promises to God, if the true meaning of rest is tight down to days and dates. God's Sabbath is not limited to time and days.

As we grow in Spiritual understanding and as we see Christ in our life's everyday, we begin to participate in the true Sabbath. As Jesus explained to the disciples and pharisees, in many occasions, especially when he healed on the Sabbath and when his disciples plucked corn on the Sabbath day, Jesus was very clear , he told the Pharisees, that doing good on the Sabbath was not different from doing good on a normal day before God..

Spiritually , this meant that , those who decide to bless God on other days of the week and do a Holy Service Rest ,Devotion or Communion unto his Blessed name , are still participants of the Holy Sabbath.

The Sabbath is seen on different days around the world. In Europe, Asia, America, the USSR ,so as the Moon rises and its seen at different times. A mans motive is to be constantly blessed with good thoughts and feelings he has towards God and the people around him. Giving is Constant prayer. Every good deed is a prayer. There is always peace in our minds when we feel we have done a genuine service to someone. That Peace is our Sabbath to God.

Emotions, become real when they are practiced. The Sabbath you do is the Good you do. The Sabbath day is the day that measures with a Holy accomplishment. God was satisfied with his accomplishment, so he rested. We do nothing more but rest.  We should therefore seek to accomplish more so that our True Sabbath can be fulfilled.

Pierre Louma

Podo3500
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2007 9:41:09 AM

Thank you, Bruce

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/24/2007 9:42:42 AM
Hi Rudy, thanks for the info!! It may come in handy one day. Have a great week ahead :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!