Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Was 9/11 a Conspiracy?
9/14/2007 2:34:05 PM
Shell Fuel Stop
US-271 @ Loop 286
Paris, TX

Hi, James!

Yes, sometimes it's very easy to misunderstand someone ... and I can see WHY you took it personally.

When I said YOUR video, I meant "the video (link) YOU show on YOUR forum."  See what I mean?  Same goes when I say, "If YOU can't trust YOUR own government, who can YOU trust?"  Meaning?  As a former teacher (also), I got used to speaking to GROUPS - not INDIVIDUALS.  So when I say YOU, I mean "ALL OF YOU WHO ARE LISTENING TO ME" ... or, in this case, reading my post!

I know I could have said, "If I can't trust my own government, who can I trust?"  But, to me, that sounds like "it's about ME!"  And it's not ... it's about US.  So I can only say YOU ... meaning "YOU and any forum member reading my post."  10-4?  MAYBE I can start saying "WE?"

My friend, I would never launch a personal attack on you (or anyone else) in a public forum.  If I had anything questionable to communicate to you I would do it in a PRIVATE  manner ... i.e., in a Christian way.  See what I mean?

Anyway, sorry to hear you're stuck in Maine.  Right now I'm in Paris, TX.  I stopped for lunch and took some time to check out your forum.  I'm on my way to Ochelata, OK ... but I don't have to deliver til 10 A.M. tomorrow.  Got plenty of time to be there on time.

I understand about your putting your trust in God first.  But when I was growing up, my teachers pounded into my head, "If you can't love your brother who you CAN see, you can't possibly love God who you CAN'T see."  Logic = "If you can't trust your brother who you CAN see, you can't possibly trust God who you CAN'T see."

Never forget that I'm a veteran.  And if ANYONE knows what I'm talking about, it's our troops on the battlefield.  No matter how much trust they may have in God, they have to put ALL their trust in the soldier next to them.  It only takes ONE soldier's neglect of duty to get his partner killed ... or an entire squad killed ... or an entire platoon killed.  Scary, but the possibility is always there!

Peace ... and I hope you get to where you're going safely.

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2007 3:08:14 PM

Guadalupe, now I think we are on the same page, as far as understanding one another and I appreciate you explaining my friend!!!

My airplane is fixed, but now, we have a medical crew change, and we go nowhere until the new crew arrives.  3 hours ago the sun was shining, and it was about 62 degrees. Now, the clouds have rolled in, and the visibility is dropping to near zero and rain is coming. My first officer and myself went walking downtown and took a look at some of the historic monuments in Rockland, Me. We also walked down near the bay where there are many boats, and tooks some pictures there. Maybe I'll have one to post on here soon.

+0
9/14/2007 9:00:31 PM
Flying J Travel Center
I-40 @ US-69
Checotah, OK

Hi, James!

Hope you get some good flying weather, tho' by now you've probably flown out of Maine.  Roger on the sightseeing trip.  If you're like me, I'm sure you like to take pictures.  Sometimes I take pictures from behind the steering wheel.  Don't worry ... it's not a distraction.  I don't look through the viewfinder.  I just point in the general direction of my subject ... then crop the part of the picture that I want.

Sometimes I stop on the highway where they have "scenic outlooks" and allow big trucks.  Then I get off and snap a few photos.  I'll be posting some on my blog once in a while.  As a matter of fact, you may want to check out my blog.  I started it on September 11, in honor of our fallen citizens and our fallen troops.

http://www.canyoublogmenow.com

Take care, my friend!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2007 11:32:55 PM

Guadalupe, I took a look at your blog, but I could not find any place to make a post? Looks like I'm stuck in Maine for the weekend. Maybe I'll get to see John Travolta's Island!! His Gulfstream is at the airport. I have some pics I will try to upload tomorrow. Please visit my other forums:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumsmenu.aspx

+0
9/15/2007 12:03:45 PM
Ochelata OK

Hi, James!

I'm waiting to make my delivery here.  I was told 10:00 ... customer says 16:15!

Thanks for visiting my blog and sorry you were unable to leave a comment.

I just took a look at my blog's settings and I believe I neglected to activate the "Comments" function.  But I've already remedied the situation and tested it ... and it works fine.

Please feel free to re-visit my blog and leave your comments.  The only disadvantage is that comments to my blog will not be visible like posts to a forum are.  You'll  have to click on the "Comments" link to see the comments that have been left for that particular post.

Oh, well, I still expect to have some fun with it.  As I get the hang of it, I may switch to WordPress or MovableType.

Take care and say hello to God for me.  You get close to Him every time you fly!

Your Adlander Friend,

Guadalupe Picon
http://www.CanYouBlogMeNow.com

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!