Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
AdlandPro's 110th Person Of The Week Forum Is Here!!! Come Check It Out!!!
9/2/2007 10:43:06 AM

Person of the Week    NUMBER 110!!! Person of the Week

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and Pauline Raina!

It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making thist event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez

POTW forum Partners Pauline Raina and John Sanchez

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member of the   Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

We’re excited to be awarding this week’s Person of the Week award to a wonderful lady from California, her name is Gabrielle Brothers and she is affectionately called Gaby. This sweet lady is originally from Metz, France. Gaby has not been at AdlandPro very long but she has quickly won many faithful friends. Congratulations Gaby on winning the POTW award! Enjoy your time in the spotlight of AdlandPro!  :-)

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics     myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's Gaby's Bio:

I am very honored to have been picked for this award.  I want to thank all my friends that have voted for me and also Bogdan for creating Adland without him we would not be enjoying our work so much and meeting and making all these wonderful people.

My name is Gabrielle Marie Brothers, I was born in Metz, France on the 17th of July 1946. I have seven siblings, 5 brothers 2 sisters. I had the most memorable childhood, my parents were outstanding. My father was a retired railroad man and my mother well had her job cut out with motherhood. My oldest brother, now 81, was captured by the Germans at the onset of WWII and upon his release in 1945 my folks celebrated his return and here I am as the result of their celebration.

Unfortunately for me by the time I was born my father was blind and never got to see me, but we had the best relationship, we basically were each other shadow. As the years passed my mother had to find work to substitute the income. Since her only background was being a "mother" she only qualified for janitorial work at which Dad and I would help her with.

I graduated from high school in 1960 and went to work for a seed and plants company in the accounting department and loved it. When I received my monthly pay it was automatically turn over to my parents, they in turn give me my monthly allowance and put away the rest. I really never knew what I earned just that I was getting 15cents an hour. If I wanted to buy anything out of the ordinary all I had to do was asked them but the purchase had to meet their approval which wasn't always in my favor.  Dad had his way of talking to me and convincing me that it was not a necessity and always won. It taught me not to buy on the spur of the moment and be frugal.

On August 22, 1961 I met my husband at a carnival, he was in the US Army stationed in Metz and on August 23, 1962 we were married.
I entered the US on October 21, 1962 in New York, and traveled by bus to Phoenix AZ, 2 day and 3 nights, a trip I will never forget. We stayed with his mother until December 6 of that year.  On November 1st I received my first letter from home and the most devastating one.  My father had passed away on October 23 at the young age of 66 of a cerebral hemorhage.

On December 6 we moved to El Paso TX were my husband  was stationed in Fort Bliss.  By May 23, 1963 I give birth to my first son the happiest day of my life and yet sad as I didn't have my family to share this happy time with me.
On April 16, 1964 we moved to Sapulpa OK where I stayed with my husband's grandmother while he was going to Augsburg, Germany for another tour of duty. Since I was pregnant I could not travel with him.  My second son was born on May 14, 1964.  On September 19 I flew home with my boys.  I was so proud as I was the first one in the family to have boys first.
We came back to Oklahoma on July 2, 1965 and a few days later we moved to AZ where we stayed.

In November of 1967 I had a daughter. By that time our marriage was on the rocks.  We parted early in 1969 unknowingly that I was pregnant with my daughter she was born in August of 69.
On October 21, 1972 I became a proud US citizen.

I worked and supported my children on my own. I was an apartment manager and caretaker for 7 years.  The owners sold out and open up a auto dismantling shop and I worked for them there, I was a grease monkey so to speak, didn't have to hire a mechanic after that, I rebuilt the motor in my car by myself.
In 1977 I moved to California, 13 yrs. in AZ was more then enough for me, just way too hot. I did get help from the government to help me out with the children.  I worked repairing cars for a while and decided that there has to be an easier way to earn a living.  In the fall of 1979 I enrolled in a two year college and got my BA in accounting. While attending the college I met my second husband, a wonderful man. We lived together for 8 years and decided to get married.  We married on November 7, 1987 and on March 20, 1988 he passed away, leaving a very big hole in my life.

That same year I went to work for a tax preparer, went to school again to get my license as a tax preparer.  In the off season I did bookkeeping. In May of 89 I opened up a tax preparation and bookkeeping in my home.
In late 1989 I saw my first husband and I guess my heart was on pilot because on January 1, 1990 we got back together.  After all we had  four beautiful children together.

On August 20, 1994 my mother pass away at the age of 89 of cancer. I know she is happy now, she is with dad.

On April 3, 2007 we got remarried in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Now, I'm trying to subsidize my income with internet marketing.  I want to especially thank Brenda Burgess and Monica Stokes for all of their  help and support also Janet Ravindran and Mary Hanna just to name a few.  As I said earlier Adland is like family to me.  Everyone is so supportive of each other.  I look forward each day to play the Abc game hosted by Monica, she is an awesome host.

Here is what I'm involved in on the internet please check this site and join me.

http://gaber46.jerkydirect.com

http://ubiee.com/enviro/group=767

http://bizpreneur.com/signup?friend=marie46

http://pay-dough.com/pages/index.php?refid=gabby46

http://e4Lbiz/money.htm?marie46

Gabrielle Brothers

Gaby, thank you for telling us more about yourself. Enjoy your week as our Queen of AdlandPro and as our Person of the Week!  ;-)

Folks, it’s time to honor this wonderful lady with your congrats and praise. Please invite her to be your friend if she’s not on your list of friends already.

One more thing Gaby, Pauline sends her love and best wishes. She can't go on line today because she is really ill with Typhoid fever. She sent her wishes and congrats through her son.

Love and Blessings to all of you from,

John Sanchez and Pauline Raina

Folks, if you haven't voted for next week's POTW(number 111) you still can at:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/798493.aspx

Oh! Today is the last day you can vote for the 5th Photo of the Week, so please hurry and vote! And please tell your friends to vote! Thank you!  :-)

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/794283.aspx

Is there a photo you would like to nominate for the 6th Photo of the Week contest? Go to the forum thread below to nominate your favorite photo but please read the rules to the contest first. Thanks!  ;-)

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/772185.aspx

+0
Victoria Hurst

648 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: AdlandPro's 110th Person Of The Week Forum Is Here!!! Come Check It Out!!!
9/2/2007 10:47:10 AM

Congratulations

Gaby

Enjoy your week

+0
9/2/2007 10:52:12 AM

Dearest Gaby,

Enjoy our dear Queen!

Hug & Bless You

Branka

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/2/2007 10:55:27 AM

Hi John & Pauline,

Congratulations Gaby Enjoy your week in the Limelight.

Best Wishes

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2007 11:00:28 AM

Gaby!

My Online Mum!

Hope you have an amazing Week! You truly deserve it!

Love You!

~Monica

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!