Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Those that are promoting Yuwie and say come advertise your business ... read this.
9/1/2007 11:49:13 PM
This is from the Terms of Service of Yuwie.com.

Non-commercial Use by Members. The Yuwie Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Yuwie.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Yuwie Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Yuwie Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Yuwie Services.

http://www.yuwie.com/policy/tos.asp

I am not saying not to join but be careful about using it for your business.

Kenneth R Sword Jr

P.S. Always read the Terms of Service  and Privacy policy before joining anything. If it's not offered before joining then best not to join.

+0
Daniel Meritt

541 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Those that are promoting Yuwie and say come advertise your business ... read this.
9/1/2007 11:56:57 PM
Thank You for the Heads Up on this.

It does seem like a nice place I have been there for a bit.

So far I like it.

Daniel
+0
Re: Those that are promoting Yuwie and say come advertise your business ... read this.
9/2/2007 12:34:18 AM
Hi Daniel,
I also found this on the same page.

Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Yuwie.com:

16.  involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent      such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;

Best to all

Kenneth
+0
Robin McLean

158 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/2/2007 12:35:00 AM
Hi, Kenneth, Thanks for the info. I am a member of Yuwie, and this was an initial concern of mine, however, there are clubs to join that allow you to promote your businesses. Hugs, Robin
Yuwie - The Place for Fun,Friends,Earning $$$ http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=37246 Internet Marketing Ctr. (IMC) http://www.marketingtips.com/mailloop/t.x/929392 Marketing Leverage Systems http://www.mlswealth.com Agent ID#: MLS2126
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2007 1:39:32 PM

Hi Kenneth,

I'm also a member of Yuwie, looks like a good place to socialize, but not for Promoting A Business.  Of course, I'm not there much, mainly because I spend most of my time here at Adland.  When you've got the best, do you really need the rest?

As for by-passing the NO COMMERCIAL USE by forming a club, I assumed that this would cover that also.

From The FAQs

"We do everything we can to make sure that we get the most advertisers and the best advertising rates for the Yuwie members. If we allow our users to place ads all over their site and start clubs that advertise their business/products etc, no real paying advertisers would advertise their products and Yuwie would be pointless. That's the reason we don't allow it. If our advertisers pull out, everyone loses.

If you want to advertise your product, pay for it, then all members will benefit from it."

...Not to mention the Owners & Administrators

Anyway, just my opinion.

Have An Awesome Labor Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!