Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Basics of Email Etiquette
8/31/2007 12:03:52 AM

I've got an autoresponder special that's about over. Please hurry on over to this website and sign up. You cannot go wrong with this one folks. It's a one time fee. Most every autoresponder website owners charge a monthly fee. I got tired of spending needless money for that, then I stumbled across this opportunity. You've got till the end of the month. Check it out....

Home of the $20 Autoresponder

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2007 10:02:06 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for the tips.  regardless of how long one has been online, refreshers on the Basics are always helpful.

I must say that I do have a problem with all caps, except as you've noted, when they are used for emphasis.

However, I have just as big a problem with someone who uses all lower case.  It's unprofessional in my opinion and the first thought I have is that they either don't know how to type or they're just plain too lazy to take the time to Capitalize when it is called for. 

Just my Opinion, any Comments?

Thanks Again My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/1/2007 4:19:04 AM

Phil, I believe the lower case stems from instant messaging on cell phones. In the early days, it was very difficult to capitalize because of the nature of the beast. Nowadays, that has changed, and it is much easier to capitalize the way it should be done. Basically, those who are using the new technology are just lazy, because now, most people understand the jargon used by the earlier technology. If anyone else has any input on this, please share your opinion. Thanks,

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!