Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time For America To Speak Up!!
8/12/2007 8:46:58 PM

Dear Bj,
I don't believe that it is asking to much to expect those whom choose to live here to adapt to us. Same language and laws as we have. We have to do the same in any country we visit or choose to live in. They need to go through the same process as others that have been here long before them.
When my ancesters came here they were given a few weeks to learn english and get a job or they would be deported. No exceptions!
I personally hold no animosity to anyone. I'm just saying if they want it be here,they need to be here legally, learn english & obey the same laws we do! I shouldn't have to press one to speak english!
Also I celebrate Christmas with a Christmas tree (not a holiday tree) & winter break should be Christmas vacation!
I do not call french fries, freedom fries either!
Your friend,
Mary

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2007 8:55:39 PM

Hello Rae

Glad you came by and posted your opinion, thank you.  As a nation we need to stand together.

thank you and by all means pass this on.

Bj

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2007 9:07:51 PM

Hello Jim

WOW, I think I did hit a nerve :) and I commend you on your comment. 

And of course I agree with you wholeheartedly.  And our government needs to get up off their A$$ and get something done.

Illegal immigration is causing an enormous drain on public funds. Taxes paid by immigrants do not cover the cost of services received by them.  We cannot provide high quality education, health care, and retirement security for our own people if we continue to bring in endless numbers of poor, unskilled immigrants.

Illegal immigration also contributes to the dramatic population growth overwhelming communities across America--crowding school classrooms, consuming already limited affordable housing, and straining precious natural resources like water, energy, and forestland.

I could go on but won't, you have wrote it better than I could.

Thank you for coming by

Bj

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2007 9:10:59 PM

Hey Mary

Thank you for your wonderfully put comment.  I appreciate your coming by and giving us your opinion.

I guess I better not get started again......lol.  Think I've said enough.

Thank you

Bj

+0
Barb Doyle

1469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/12/2007 9:23:29 PM

Hi Bj,

Thanks for sharing this. This is such an important issue. The official language of our great country is English. All people are welcome but they need to abide by how our country was established. 

Vote for Ron Paul for 2008!

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.

This is so much fun!
http://empower.thisworks.biz

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!