Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
God's Inspired Word...
8/10/2007 11:30:53 AM

THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

The Bible is God's Inspired Word, and is the Full, Sufficient, and ONLY Basic Rule of Faith and Practice...

All Scripture is inspired by God                                              2 Timothy 3:16

The Prophets received the Word from God                                  2 Peter 1:21

THE BIBLE REVEALS CHRIST AND THE TRUTH

The Scriptures testify of Christ                                                       John 5:39

The Scriptures are truth                                                               John 17:17

The Scriptures present the true doctrine                                 2 Timothy 3:16

THE BIBLE MUST BE STUDIED FAITHFULLY IF WE ARE TO KNOW THE TRUTH AND BE VICTORIOUS OVER SIN

We are to study the Word                                                     2 Timothy 2:15

The Bereans checked every teaching with the Word                        Acts 17:11

The Word will protect from sin                                                Psalms 119:11

The sacred scriptures are a library of sixty-six books written over a period of many centuries, by various types of writers.  Yet the Bible bears the stamp of unity and Divine inspiration throughout.  The fundamental belief in and acceptance of the Bible as an unerring guide is essential to our salvation.

By accepting the Word of God...the Holy Scriptures...as my guide, I gladly choose to make it my study, and to live by its teachings.

------------------------

"I speak as a man of the world to men of the world; and I say to you, Search the Scriptures!  The Bible is the book of all others, to be read at all ages, and in all conditions of human life; not to be read once or twice, or thrice through, and then laid aside, but to be read in small portions of one or two chapters every day, and never to be intermitted, unless by some overruling necessity." J.Q Adams

"After all, the Bible must be its own argument and defense. The power of it can never be proved unless it is felt.  The authority of it can never be supported unless it is manifest.  The light of it can never be demonstrated unless it shines." H. J. Van Dyke

"There is nothing more calculated to strengthen the intellect than the study of the Scriptures. No other book is so potent to elevate the thoughts, to give vigor to the faculties, as the broad ennobling truths of the Bible.  If God's word were studied as it should be, men would have breadth of mind, a nobility of character, and a stability of purpose rarely seen in these times." E.G. White, Steps to Christ, p. 90

--------------------

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Inspired Word...
8/10/2007 11:59:11 AM

This is awesome, Jim!!

I will return after I read the verses.  I love the way you have the links here - don't know how you did that, but I am impressed!!

Thanks and God Bless you!

Judy

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2007 12:38:57 PM

Hi Judy, actually, the links were supposed to be on one line. At least that's the way I did it, and when the finished product showed up, it came out on separate lines!!

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2007 3:51:31 PM
Hi Jim,
As is happening more and more often these days, as my available time to be online has gotten smaller and smaller-I find that I am getting more and more relevant and real time information from trusted friends that speak to my needs and life circumstances.
For the past month or so, a beautiful young couple from Cleveland, Ohio have been coming by to do Bible study with me.
As I am working every day from just before sun up; the garden has to be watered deeply because by 8 am the sun is out in full force!
So, I welcome these people who devote their lives to bringing the opportunity to sit and read and discuss the Word of God every week.
Last week, they went home for a convention and to see their families-but when they returned they brought me some chocolate-just like they said they would.
I think of the six pairs of witnesses who come to our neighborhood each week-I may be the only home where they are eagerly anticipated and welcomed.
I haven't asked them about it - but I know my neighbors-they are suspicious of "white folks".
I have to live the way God wants me to-I have no choice.
I also seem to be the happiest and most at peace person in the community. I have devoted my entire self to creating and oasis in the block where people would be able to escape the madness for a few moments when they come into my yard to visit.
So it is no surprise to me that His Angels would be bringing me His word every Sunday.
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/10/2007 8:53:03 PM

Joyce, if you need to use any of the information I have provided here, please feel free to do so. It is public information, and no copyright is involved. God bless you with your ministry!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!