Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FORTIETH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
8/9/2007 8:13:29 PM

Dear Sam,

Yes, broadcast her story to the entire world!  I thank you!  Many of us would have buckled under the stress.  It almost gives the term "nervous breakdown" a new meaning.  Yet, she had such resolve and love that nothing would make her give in.

Actually, there are a couple of accounts to her capture.  I actually chose the one that was most plausible.

One was that even though she was rescued from death, they had already written her execution down in the records and everybody believed she had died.  That would have been ideal.

Then the one that she was followed for the rest of the war.

Regardless, I cannot fathom the fear and urgency she must have felt.  Yet, for her it was just another day's work.

Thank you my friend.

Luella and John

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 8:34:43 PM

Hello Papadaddy Bill!

Thank you for your very insightful post.  Irena did the right thing, no matter what the goverment's decrees were and no matter the consequences. 

Tough times are coming.  The general public either has their heads in the sand or are not truly informed.  At this point it doesn't matter what party wins, as I believe the winner has already been chosen to be handed the torch and follow through with the planned agenda.

I live in a very small community in Mississippi.  Yet, when I went in to vote for our county officials on August 7th, there was a lady in the parking lot stopping people and requesting that they vote for a certain person.  I asked her if this was not illegal.  She said, "Well, they said as long as I didn't cross this line I could do it."  To make a very long story short, by making a simple request that this person be asked to leave, chaos ensued and finally the police had to remove the people shall we say that were still campaigning because I wasn't going to stop.  And if there was any way they could have legally removed me they would have.  I was creating a major inconvenience.  Here is my point.  There was quite a big turnout at the polls.  Not one single person seemed concerned.  They just went about their business.  Where else is this happening?

You are so right when you say that one day we will be forced to pick a side.  This is closer than many people think.

Hugs to you Papadaddy,

Luella

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 8:40:18 PM
I had to pipe in here after Bill's comment even though he qualified it with "nearly all people".
I am watching a human situation play itself out in my community that perfectly illustrates the way situations get out of hand and how "right" gets mis-construed into what could be great tradgedy.

I have two neighbors who are feuding. The mother of one neighbor has herself in a tizzy, threatening to cause bodily harm to another neighbor because of what is going on between her 19 year old son and the man across the street.

Being the neutral neighbor, I have heard 2 different versions of the story, neither have asked my opinion, so I have not given it-but the facts are blurred. These are the little decisions that can ruin lives or make them great.

Action taken in anger or fear or mis-communiciations, can be blown so out of porportion that blood is shed and lives are lost but for someone having the courage to speak out for truth and justice and not just take sides because it is popular.
"Good" people have to do "good' not just talk about it.

Yes, Bill-the underground railroad is the reason some of us are here. Every black child grew up knowing that there were whites who put their class and family loyalty aside to do the right thing-in the end this is how we will be judged - by what we did when it really counted, regardless of the risk to our personal self or fortune.
 The underground railroad is well known and pointed out, or at least it used to be.

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 8:44:09 PM

Dear Branka,

Bill is one of my dearest friends.  We have been there for each other through personal trials and "almost" heartbreaks.  However, there was a happy ending.  Bill got the girl and now they live happily ever after.  He has a beautiful stepdaughter by the name of Summer, and now there is Savannah. 

Bill is compassionate, loving and kind and.....

Wait a minute!

This is a forum for Irena Sendler!

LOL

Love ya Bill!  Muah!

Luella

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 8:55:32 PM

Hello Dear Amanda!

I am so glad that you enjoyed reading Irena's story.  It just leaves you in awe.

Irena was John's nomination, and a most wonderful one.  While doing my research, this lady just plain stole my heart.

Hugs!

Luella

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!