Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sam
Sam Sunday

2502 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: FORTIETH EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
8/9/2007 4:24:22 AM

Hello Luella and team,

This presentation is one to broadcast to the whole community if not the whole world. I am so touched by Irene Sendler's story and her travail through the tortuous and inhumane path of life due to her decision to standby and save mankind. This is a Woman of Virtue, one of courage and one of honor.

Permit me to post a link to this great story in my forum. Thanks so very much for a great honor to a woman that, unlike most of us, would not even claim credit for her action after passing through the shadows of death

However, all did not go smoothly.  The Nazis became aware of Irena's activities, and on October 20, 1943 she was arrested, imprisoned and tortured by the Gestapo. They broke her feet and legs. They then sent her to Pawiak Prison.  She withstood every bit of torture and never gave up the names of any of the children. 
Sentenced to death, Irena was saved at the last minute when Zegota members bribed one of the Germans to halt the execution. She escaped from prison but for the rest of the war she was pursued by the Gestapo.

After the war she dug up the jars and used the notes to track down the 2,500 children she placed with adoptive families and to reunite them with relatives scattered across Europe. But most lost their families during the Holocaust in Nazi death camps.

Irena Sendler did not think of herself as a hero. She claimed no credit for her actions.

May god bless you all.

+0
8/9/2007 7:31:59 AM

Hello Luella and Friends

As I read through this forum I see the true spirit reflected here that I believe is a common thread that runs through nearly all people. The spirit of love and sacrafice for your fellow man. Nearly all of us have an inherant desire to love and care for each other.

The reason I say " nearly all of us" is because throughout history, there has always been the very few who have managed to insight wars and hatred among the many. The very few , the very rich and the very powerful. The two greatest dividers of mankind are government and religion and they are also the controllers of the rest of us.

When I lived in Wilmington N. Carolina, I learned about what was called The underground railroad. It was a group of people who worked together secretly to help the slaves escape to freedom. People who put their lives on the line to help their fellow man. Just as in Irena's world, it was the very few controlling the many and they were the source of all fear back then. There have always been the very few in controll and causing war and hatred. There have always been the very few who were courageous enough to stand against what they knew was wrong.

My concern is about all of those in between. The masses that are either being led by the evil elite into war or being led to safety by the very few who are courageous enough to take a stand against what is wrong. Once again the world is in a state of war and hatred. Once again the masses are being forced to kill each other for the purpose of serving the elite few. I believe that very soon, many of us will have to decide which side of this road we will stand on. Will we be led to war. Will we be led to safety or will we ourselves become leaders and try to help those who are still unsure of which way to go?

Baby Kaleb, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/729254/2/ShowThread.aspx                     

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Stop Illegal IImmigration

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:

http://pub-network.ryze.com
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
8/9/2007 8:04:28 AM

Dear Luella,

Our friend Bill "provoked" me to come again to tell him how great are his insights and observations about any theme. So fertile spirit and mind  you "host", Bill! I enjoyed (as always) each your word, thank you.

I conclude how blessed man has to be our Bogdan F. while he attracts at this place so wonderful people.

Bless you all and embrace with love of my soul!

Branka

+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 2:34:42 PM
Hello Luella May,

Thank you for the presentation of Irena Sendler this
woman as you wrote has Love over matter in
abundance and is an inspiration and a woman of
great courage.

Kind regards
Amanda

+0
Luella May

3048 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 8:03:08 PM

Nick my friend!

My cup runneth over with blessings as friends such as you enter my life.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!