Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Why Kids Flunk English
7/11/2007 8:52:09 AM

Hi Donna

that was what I thought when I read this the first time.  It's a wonder anyone can learn the english language, it really gets confusing and like you said, sounds like Dr. Seuss.

Thanks for coming by

Bj

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2007 8:38:38 AM
Thank goodness they don't keep testing you-my knees would get scrapped trying to get into those little desks for refresher courses!
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/12/2007 11:25:10 AM

Hello, Bj!

It is very interesting forum, thank You very much! 

Studing English is popular in Russia

Moms and children are studing English together

They are using online Educational Portal EN101

Look here...

And how do You study foreign languages?

Lydia

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2007 9:21:37 AM

Hello Joyce & Lidia

Glad you stopped by and glad you enjoyed the post.  I've always heard that English is the hardest language to learn.  It would seem so by this information.

Bj

+0
7/28/2007 3:25:07 AM
Hello Bj,

You would not believe how I can relate to all this.  I had so many of these questions when I was learning english.  Which puts to mind a little story that really happened to me.  
Back in 1962 when I first came here, not being able to speak english I relied on TV commercials, short sitcoms and reading advertising posters to learn the language.  At that time my husband had just reup his tour of duty in the army and we were stationed in El Paso TX, I was not drawing an allotment check yet so we survived on only his income of $69 per month.  We had a dog and could not afford dog food, so my husband would go out on the reservation a kill jack rabbits, bring them home and I would cook them for the dog.  Well one day we were in town and I saw a large sign saying "Rabbit Ears 99cents", I turned to my husband and told him in broken english that maybe we could save the rabbit ears instead of throwing them away and sell them for 50 cents just to make some extra money.  Needless to say he had to pull over because he got to laughing so hard he could not see to drive, that made me so mad.  When we got home he explained to me the difference because we had a pair of rabbit ears on our black and white TV, what I called and ANTENNA.  So you see the english language is very confusing to a newcommer.  By the way that speach earn me a 96 when I was in college.

Bless you,
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!