Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your 100% Mississippian If....
6/29/2007 1:56:56 PM

Hi Vincent,

Your very welcome :)  If you have any jokes you'd like to share,  feel free to post. 

Also, browse around the forum... Post your Business Opportunities or join in on the Alphabet or Trivia games.

~Monica

+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2007 2:00:13 PM

Hi Steven,

I had to go back and see what #15 was... LOL ... but yes, I agree :)

Cute joke! You've gotta tell Joe that one! LOL

~Monica

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2007 3:38:24 PM

Dear Monica,
LOL... this is funny my dear.  Thanks for sharing.

Love, Rina
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2007 3:45:10 PM
Hi Again Monica,

I was born and raised in NC, but I lived in Mississippi for awhile, and one of my favorite ex-wives was from Mississippi.  Guess that's where my love for Cajun Cookin came from.  I love that hot stuff.

I do indeed know the value of shade in determining exactly the right parking place, in fact, I've been known to drive through the lot several times, until just the right one opens up.

Not only do I know that Cowpies are not made of beef, I play a mean game of Cowpie Bingo, having won numerous games up at The Bright-Leaf Festival up in Yanceyville, NC.

Finally, I know many people that have Belt Buckles larger than my fist, mainly because I sold them to them, and of course I have a couple myself.  If you would like one that holds neat little 'ole knives, I've got those too.

Hope this makes me at least part Mississippian.

Thanks My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Beth Binkley

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/30/2007 12:21:30 AM

Hi Monica,

These are funny. I was born and raised in Memphis, TN but have lived in MS for 8 years now.

Here are the ones that are most true for me:

3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to
go out in the yard and look for a funnel.  WHY do we do this?? Never did it when I lived in Memphis! LOL

One day at work, my co-worker screams "Tornado" and grabs me pulling me toward the back of the store and I'm pulling away trying to see what she's talking about ... and yes, there was a tornado and SHE made me miss it!!! LOL

4. You know that the true value of a parking
space is not determined by the distance to the
door, but by the availability of shade.  Well, most of the parking lots around here don't have shade anyway ... but if I know I'm going to be there a while and there IS shade available .. I go for the shade!!

5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts,
they have sacks and buggies.  People around here do call them baskets ... but my grandmother lives farther south and they do have buggies! :)

8. You measure distance in minutes. (It's
about 5 minutes down the road)  -- YES!! Go 5 minutes down the road, pass Wal-Mart, turn right by the big oak tree and then another 3 minutes take a left.  Ha Ha Ha

19. You have used your heater and
air-conditioner in the same day!  Yes, and my husbands wants to kill me for it -- LOL :)

20. 'You wanna coke?' 'Yeah.' 'What kind?' 'Dr
Pepper.' Yes ... LOL ... I remember when I was in high school (in Memphis) and a friend of mine who moved down here from PA  would be over and I would ask her if she wanted a coke and she'd say yes and then I'd offer her Pepsi or Dr. Pepper ... she wanted to scream!! LOL

Thanks for the laughs Monica!!!

Best Wishes,

Beth

+0