Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THIRTY THIRD EDITION - WOMEN OF COURAGE
6/19/2007 4:37:54 PM

Hello John & Luella,

Branka sent me a note to say her younger sister has had a severe stroke and she will be away.  She doesn't know for how long.  She needs to first travel 400 km to where her sister is.

In the meantime she asks that I say her thank yous for her.

From me:  Please know although I talked to Branka about doing her story for us, it was actually Joe Downing that suggested I nominate her.  Thank you for the wonderful suggestion, Joe.  You are a kind, caring, sensitive man and we all appreciate you for it.

To Branka:  Dear Branka, regarding this quote and your response to it:

"My company mascot is the bumblebee. Because of its tiny wings and heavy body, aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly. But the bumblebee doesn't know that, so it flies anyways."

-- Mary Kay Ash

As this bumblebee, until I didn`t know I am a Woman of Courage, I lived, to say, normal. Now I think to start a forum for cowards and for those that cann`t stop crying.

We brought you here as our Woman of Couage because that is what you are.  You did what you needed to do when it needed to be done.  In the face of adversity you persevered.  That's it! 

You lived normal, Branka because you didn't know what else to do.  Your challenges became a way of life and you overcame each of them as they came to you.

That you are now due to being our Woman of Courage feeling the strong emotions that make you cry is a normal reaction.  You didn't cry when you did what you did ... you just did it!

Like the bumblebee who doesn't know it shouldn't be able to fly ... perhaps you didn't realize you had the inner strength and courage before your experience required that you use it.  Perhaps that is what makes you like the bumblebee.

Crying now makes you HUMAN, Branka ... not a coward.  Cowards don't cry ... they hide and they would never do what you have done.

Embrace your experience and keep doing what you have been doing all along for your personal survival. 

You are the Dream and the Dream Weaver.  Being recognized as a Woman of Courage doesn't change that.  You told me once, "I am the c0-creator of my destiny."  Indeed you are Branka ... indeed we all are!

You have new challenges now, but your faith, your personal strength and courage will see you through.  And when you need a friend, you know I'm here.

As you told me, now I will tell you ... I bless you and embrace you with love of my soul!

I look forward to your return and hope all goes well with your sister.

Sincerely,

Your Friend Always,

Terry

How To Be 1 of 5 Million http://www.worldchanger.ws
+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2007 4:48:16 PM

Hello A. Shirley Manion,

I believe many of us will think of Branka when we think of the word courage.

Thank you for visiting the 33rd Woman of Courage forum to to wish her good luck in her future. 

On behalf of Branka

Sincerely,

Terry

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2007 4:55:09 PM

Hello Judy Smith,

Thank you for visiting our 33rd Woman of Courage forum to celebrate Branka.  She is indeed "a persevering survivor above the rest".

On behalf of Branka

Sincerely,

Terry

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2007 5:16:44 PM

Thank you, Georgios for the background on the plight of the Serbian people.  To have a monument to 14,000 woman and children sickens my heart and I realize with Gratitude how fortunate I am to have been born and to live in Canada.

Many thanks to Greece for allowing the refugees into their country.  60,000 Serbian children is unfathomable.

Thank you for visiting and giving your support to Branka here.  She is an incredible example of a Woman of Courage.

With the history you provided perhaps it gives an indication of the terrible atrocities that have been done to Branka's people and her country.

On behalf of Branka

Sincerely,

Terry

+0
Terry Gorley

2831 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/19/2007 5:35:03 PM

Dear Rina,

Thank you so much for your words to Branka.  I believe you have pretty much said it all.

You have touched my heart knowing that you have an ability to endure difficult situation and come out strong, wise, warm, down to earth & passionate about life.

For this statement Rina, I believe Branka would say yes ... that her life is filled with an abundance of blessings & love

I pray to GOD that he fills your life with abundance of blessings & love and may He continue to be in your life every step of the way protecting and showing you there is more to life after each day.

This is a beautiful tribute to Branka's inspiration, Rina ... thank you for sharing how she inspires you

thank you for inspiring me to live my life endlessly and that tomorrow will always be a better day.

On behalf of Branka

Sincerely,

Terry

+0