Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your Favorite Vacation Spots?
6/12/2007 5:28:13 PM

Hi Lorraine,

We are thinking of going to Florida this year for our vacation.  I've never been to Florida.   I will keep those places in mind.  Sounds like something I'd really enjoy :)

Monica

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2007 5:41:40 PM

Hi Monica, Bj and Lorraine,

Just give me a hammock, a forest and some water and I'll make a vacation out of it.  :)

I think we are going to Colorado Springs area this year for a family reunion.  Looks like we will be visiting the Cheyenne Mt. Zoo and other places.  Then off to Texas to visit some family later in the year.  Maybe hit San Antonio and visit the Alamo and Sea World.  That should be fun.

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
6/13/2007 10:08:23 AM
Joe Downing, is that you in the hammock? All you need is a laptop and you'd look like one of those 'successful online entrepreneurs'! That looks like my kind of place to take a nap...zzzzzzzzz...
+0
6/13/2007 10:13:19 AM
Monica, You won't be lacking in things to do in FL, that's for sure! Disney, SeaWorld etc would 'wow' the kids and probably you too. Watch the weather forecasts so as to avoid those nasty storms...
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2007 10:49:00 AM
Hi Monica, Nice to meet you via your friend Lorraine. She sent me over and I just had to tell you my favorite vacation spot is Mackinac Island Mich. I spent 2 summers working there so I saw the island in a different way than a tourist would experience it. It becomes crowded and expensive to the tourist but when one is there for an extended time and gets away from the tourist spots as a "fudgie" (name for tourists), there are many wonderful out-of-the way spot to discover. I just saw a lot of the great tourist spots in Washington DC over the past 3 weeks. Because I was a volunteer at a bed and breakfast, I was able to see a lot of the city at a quiet pace. For 60 c a day I traveled the metro bus and went downtown to where all the museums and gov't buildings are located. I also enjoyed the many parks with art and special plants. A concert at the Kennedy Center for the Performing arts was a highlight of my visit to Washington. A traveler would benefit from knowing that the Smithsonian Museums and many govern't sites are free as they are supported by the National Parks and other government agencies. If you visit Washington, the key is to look for restaurants with resonal prices and low cost places to sleep. You will spend most of your time touring so why pay high prices for a comfortable place to sleep. Our bed and breakfast is sponsored by the Mennonite Church and provides low cost comfortable and friendly housing at $30.00 a bed. Come visit the International Guest House at 1441 Kennedy Ave---4 1/2 miles from downtown where all the great tourist places are located. See you on the Mall!!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!