Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Your Favorite Vacation Spots?
6/9/2007 9:57:00 AM

Where is your favorite Vacation Spots?  Share your info and pics with us.

My #1 place is Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Tn. -- My kids absolutely love Dollywood, Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Moving Theater, etc.  and I absolutely love all the little shops... lol

My #2 place would be Colorado --  Estes Park.  

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Your Favorite Vacation Spots?
6/9/2007 12:25:24 PM

Hi Monica

Estes Park was fun, but I also enjoyed Pikes Peak & Cave of the Winds in Colorada.

Mt. Rushmore was a great place to visit. I enjoyed the Grand Canyones also, But to be honest, these are all great places to go on vacation, I just wouldn't want to live anywhere but the South.

I enjoy traveling, but when it comes time to be home, I'm usually ready to get back to my home and my bed.

Bj

+0
6/11/2007 10:01:07 AM
Hi Monica, I lived in Nederland CO for awhile, so I know what you mean about Estes Park. I have to say that one of my favorite vacation places (although I lived there too) is Seattle WA. Mt Rainier on one side, Puget Sound on the other, and fresh Alaskan King crab everywhere! Who cares if it's spitting rain? There's a rain forest (the most northern one in the world, I think) on the Olympic Peninsula and Victoria, British Columbia is just a few hours away. Another adventure I had while I was there was to go to the Pacific coast and go out on a boat to watch the grey whales migrate north. What a sight that was! Do I sound like a travel brochure yet? ;)
+0
Monica S

5971 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/11/2007 2:21:38 PM

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for coming by and sharing :)

Notice that when I was speaking of Tn, and the things I love,  I did not mention the Smokey Mountains.... lol

I am extremely afraid of height -- We went up the mountain 1 time of our 4 vacations there.

I love beautiful scenery and amusement places.  I just do not like my feet being off of the ground and I especially do not want to view the tops of trees from above! lol

~Monica

+0
6/12/2007 10:26:04 AM
Well Monica, You should try FL then...the beaches are great and there are hardly any hills, much less mountains LOL My favorite beach place is Ft DeSoto Park (you can drive there) or Caladesi State Park (off shore from Honeymoon Island and you must have a boat or take the ferry). Both are not crowded and have plenty of good shelling spots. The best time to visit is March through May. That way you avoid hurricane season! Northerners would like FL even from November through February, although people who live here say that those months can be too cold ;-)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!