Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fibromyalgia..Catch All Diagnosis?
8/26/2007 1:26:43 PM
Hi Susan, I think a true diagnosis for fibromyalgia is difficult because this syndrome has so many facets that seem like unrelated problems.Doctors do some testing to rule out other disorders and if they can't find anything specific they tend to diagnose fibromyalgia, or some may still think it is "all in your head" and not take it seriously. Some of my symptoms are: sensitivity to light and noise; irritable bowel; bouts of great fatigue; sleep problems; TMJ; stiff neck; tense muscles; muscle spasms; occasional dizzy spells; hypothyroidism; digestive problems..nausea, upset stomach; many tender areas; occasional fibrofog; plus various aches and pains. I also have osteoarthritis so sometimes it is difficult to tell if the pain is from that or from the fibromyalgia. Are you taking any medication for the fibromyalgia? I am not taking anything specific. I don't think my doctor is that familiar with it. DonnaZ
+0
8/26/2007 6:52:43 PM

Hello Everybody

I am very sorry to hear about so many of oyu having these problems. As some of you know, I too have been going through a tough situation. I have had all of the tests available through the VA Medical Center in Pittsburgh as well as many other tests by private Drs and hospitals. I have been through the complete  of treatment for lyme desease. My condition continues to worsen and I have not been able to a single Dr locally that will even take me seriously about the toxic mold.

I am convinced that my symptoms are related to toxic mold exposure. At this point, everthing else has been ruled out. Also, the onset of my symptoms correlate perfectly with having moved into a house full of mold. Now, Ally, my fiancee is having many of the same symptoms. Hearing loss, dizzyness and a few others.

I have been in touch with a Pathologist in Wisconsin who is very familiar with my problems. He has been doing research on toxic mold for about 30 years and is the formost expert in the feild that I have found so far.He has developed some testing proceedures to detect the presence of mycotoxins in the human body. He can verify for certain if you have been contaminated with these toxins and he does have a treatment program that is helping several people that I have been in contact with. I have just begun taking 2 supplements that he suggested for me. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

If you have been through all of the tests and are still having unexplained symptoms, I would suggest that you contact this Dr for some information about his testing proceedures. He is the only Dr that I have found so far that has knowledge of this illness and he is a wonderful person to talk with. I have found him to be veryb open and honsest as well as very dedicated to helping people get better. If you would like more information about how to contact tis Dr please send me a pm here or email me at billyv5@yahoo.com. Put " Toxic Mold in the subject line so I don't miss your message. Also, if you like, you can call me anytime and I will be happy to discuss with you what I have found out about all of this so far. If you pm me I will give you my phone nnumber.

So, I wish all of you the very best and I hope that somehow, by working together, we can solve some of these mysteries that the Dr's have not been able to solve for us.

Baby Kaleb, we send you our love,our prayers and our healing light. 
http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/729254/2/ShowThread.aspx                          

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Stop Illegal IImmigration

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:
 http://pub-network.ryze.com

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
8/26/2007 10:52:13 PM

Hi Donna,

My MD sent me to a rheumatologist for a lot of testing and they ruled out several other things and then settled on Fibro.  I take some pain medication for a back problem and for osteoarthritis which also helps with the pain of Fibro.  You're so right that it's difficult to tell which problem is causing the pain.  I also take a medication that prevents me from being so tired and sleepy during the day.  It keeps me from falling asleep whenever I sit down.  It also seems to help with the "fog". 

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2007 1:47:31 AM
Thanks for the update, Bill. Please keep us informed of your progress now that you have found a doctor who is interested and knowledgeable about the harm caused by toxic mold. Best of luck to you. DonnaZ
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2007 1:53:25 AM
Hi again Susan, I take pain medication for arthritis. I had adverse reactions to the newer medications, ie: bextra, vioxx, and celebrex, so am on an old one, Arthrotec. If you don't mind telling us, which medication do you take that keeps you from being so tired and sleepy during the day? There are days when I have great fatigue. Other days I feel more energetic. I never know in advance when the fatigue is going to descend. It suddenly feels like a curtain going across the back of my head that makes me feel extremely tired. That may sound crazy to those who haven't experienced it! I get sleepy when reading a book, watching TV, or riding in a car. If I don't sit down I don't feel as sleepy! DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!