Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fibromyalgia..Catch All Diagnosis?
6/1/2007 6:34:44 PM
I have recently heard that instead of ignoring fibromyalgia as a real syndrome, some physicians
are now diagnosing fibromyalgia when they don't
know what is causing a person's symptoms. If the
persons thus diagnosed really have another syndrome or illness, it may not be caught. This
could lead to further problems or deteriorating
symptoms since they are not treated for their true illness.

Do you know of anyone who has been diagnosed
with fibromyalgia, only to later discover they had  a different illness?

DonnaZ
+0
Re: Fibromyalgia..Catch All Diagnosis?
6/1/2007 8:22:35 PM

Hello Donna

As you know, I have been experiencing some pretty serious health problems that have been diagnosed as fibromyalgia at one point. I haVE HAD SEVERAL DIFFERENT DIAGNOSES. ms, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROME AND SEVERAL OTHERS. I have been told by several doctors that fibromyalgia is a diagnosis that is arrived at many times as the result of not being able to truly identify the real problem. In my research about my condition, I have found out that there are many types of mold that can cause some very serious health problems and the symptoms are exactly the same as those for fibromyalgia. I am now convinced that I am a victim of toxic mold poisoning. Lyme desease is another illness that is easily confused with toxic mold illnesses. I have been through the entire treatment regimen for lymes and my condition did not improve at all.

As you know Donna, I have a forum going right now about toxic mold illnesses. I am posting a lot of information about this on that forum so if anyone wants to compare no0tes, I welcdome you to visit. Here is the link

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/668647/6/ShowThread.aspx

Thank you for the information Donna. Hopefully together, we can help some people find answwers to some of their health questions. there are a lot of people who are very ill and no one seems to be able to tell them what is wrong.

May a smile follow you to sleep each night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
           and be there waiting,,, when you awaken.

Sincerly, Bill Vanderbilt

Mental Health And Political Forums Respectively

Stop Illegal IImmigration

Visit the Billallys Pub network at:
 http://pub-network.ryze.com
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fibromyalgia..Catch All Diagnosis?
6/1/2007 9:55:13 PM
Thanks for posting Bill. I remember when you said you were being treated for the lyme disease and how bad you were feeling then.

I had computer problems and lost track of your forums. (My computer crashed, the motherboard failed and I had to dump the computer) ( Then to top it off my new computer has been in the shop 3 times in two months).

Thanks for the link to your forum on toxic mold. I think it is a very prevalent problem too. It is interesting that so many illnesses share symptoms. It is scary that many doctors cannot diagnose the exact illness. Perhaps tests are not precise enough to tell the difference between several possible conditions. I hope more research will be forthcoming so people can get an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment for whatever condition is causing the symptoms.

DonnaZ
+0
Fibromyalgia..One Symptom of One Disease?
6/2/2007 8:23:48 AM

Hello DonnaZ,

Sorry to hear about your computer!

Without belaboring the point of misdiagnoses,yes, in Lecturing on Health issues and the subject of  Prevention Rather Then Cure,I have heard it first hand about misdiagnoses and some persons, even having a 9th opinion, before finding the Health Practitioner who figures out the cause.

All this can be avoided in most peoples lives if they would only spend some time over the years of their lives learning about their body and how it talks to us before symptoms appear.Like most people I ignored what I was hearing from my body for years before the symptoms arrived.

It was good timing of sorts to receive notice of this post.I think the Article about Chronic Inflammation,along with a 28 minute video found at:

The Fires Within   will give everyone with any chronic disease, the way to find their answers.

It includes a link to an Archived Video interview on the Charlie Rose Show of two real scientists.

In Health,

Michael

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fibromyalgia..One Symptom of One Disease?
6/4/2007 12:06:26 AM
Thanks for visiting my forum Michael. I will read the article to which you refer. Do you have fibromyalgia or another syndrome/condition, if you don't mind sharing your information with us?
DonnaZ
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!