Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Flag that Doesn't Fly
5/31/2007 8:58:37 PM

Between the fields where the flag is planted, there are 9+ miles of flower fields that go all the way to the ocean. The flowers are grown by seed companies. It's a beautiful place, close to Vandenberg AFB. Check out the dimensions of the flag. The Floral Flag is 740 feet long and 390 feet wide and maintains the proper Flag dimensions, as described in Executive Order #10834. This Flag is 6.65 acres and is the first Floral Flag to be planted with 5 pointed Stars, comprised of White Larkspur. Each Star is 24 feet in diameter; each Stripe is 30 feet wide. This Flag is estimated to contain more than 400,000 Larkspur plants, with 4-5 flower stems each, for a total of more than 2 million flowers.

For our soldiers.... 

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen.

+0
Re: The Flag that Doesn't Fly
5/31/2007 9:08:22 PM

Hi Bj,

You are absolutely an amazing person.  I was not suprised at all when you won the POTW award but CONGRADULATIONS anyway.  I love to read everything you write.  Just keep it up.

Sincerely,

Gabrielle

God Bless Everyone
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2007 7:44:02 AM
Hello BJ,

Thank you for sharing.  I would have loved to see the photo which is not showing up my end and present as
this flower flag sounds beautiful and a sight to behold.

Kind regards
Amanda

+0
6/1/2007 2:16:08 PM
Hi BJ

I couldn't see the flag as well - mores the shame. The reading is beautiful and very deep.

Have a beautiful day.

Love & Peace

Evalyn

+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2007 11:02:50 PM

Hi Gabrielle, Amanda & Evalyn

I don't know what happened, but it was there when I posted it, and I even went back to make sure it showed up, and it did.  I do not know what is going on.

But, anyway, it is an amazing site. Just wished you all could have seen it. Thanks for stopping by.

Bj

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!