Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The Beethoven Factor
5/9/2007 1:09:28 PM

Many of us who have had serious challenges would like not only to survive our suffering, but to thrive as a result. Dr. Paul Pearsall offers this inspirational example.

The Beethoven Factor
by Paul Pearsall

"There stood Beethoven, gravely ill and totally deaf. Eyes closed, he kept conducting the orchestra even after they had ceased their performance and the audience had risen to its feet in thunderous applause. As a singer stepped from the choir to turn him around to see those whose shouts of "bravo" resonated throughout the concert hall, tears of elation filled his eyes. Perhaps the worst loss a composer could experience had been the catalyst for a remarkably adaptive creativity that allowed his to transcend his tortures to become immersed in the thrill of conducting the premiere of his Ninth Sympathy, the "Ode to Joy."  At that moment, and not only in spite of but because of his adversity, Beethoven had experienced the thrill of thriving through adversity."

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Beethoven Factor
5/9/2007 4:08:53 PM

Hi Brian,

Beethoven was an amazing, amazing man.  I simply cannot imagine overcoming and thriving with that kind of adversity probably because I have never been that type of situation at least not to the degree he was, so I really don't know what I would do or how I would react.  This could creat quite an interesting topic of conversation, Brian.  So, I will be back!

Thanks

+0
5/9/2007 5:51:54 PM

Hello Brian..

Here are the links to music..

Cherry
+0
5/9/2007 5:58:27 PM

More Beethoven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhcR1ZS2hVo&mode=related&search

Cherry

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/9/2007 9:46:34 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for this wonderful example of the human spirit  triumphant  over adversity.
Beethoven just happens to be my favorite classical composer and the 9th is the single most inspirational piece of music that I have ever encountered.

Taking his example, it sure is hard to grumble and complain in the light of his
achievements.

From now on, before I open my mouth to complain I will first list to the soaring
music on the 9th.

Share the Moment,

Nick Grimshawe
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0