Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
THINKING LIKE A FARMER by Jim Rohn
4/30/2007 3:45:14 PM

Hi everyone.
I've been pushing things full bore it seems like for years. Staying up late trying to get that last ad done, staying up way too late in fact. The wife and I seemed to be more strangers than partners.
Then during the weekday I was up at 5 and off to work for the day (at the job I'm so tired of), and then home and back to my other job (but the one I love) until late.
I was often on a call when it's supper, and would wave the kids off when they'd like me to take them to the park.
Sometimes I wanted to hang it all up, but you all know what drives us. It's that desire to improve our lives, and yes..that to succeed, sometimes sacrifices have to be made.
But reading this piece below by Jim Rohn, brought me back to reality, in that simple and clear way he has.
So I invite you to read his little article and think on it for awhile.
Then below I would like to share a link from a post by one of our members here in #101. She offers us a moving video, and I ask that you take a moment from your busy day to rest and reflect on what it speaks about.
It kindof puts things in perspective.

THINKING LIKE A FARMER by Jim Rohn

One of the difficulties we face in our industrialized age is the fact
we've lost our sense of seasons. Unlike the farmer whose priorities
change with the seasons, we have become impervious to the natural rhythm of
life. As a result, we have our priorities out of balance. Let me
illustrate what I mean:

For a farmer, springtime is his most active time. It's then when he
must work around the clock, up before the sun and still toiling at the
stroke of midnight. He must keep his equipment running at full capacity
because he has but a small window of time for the planting of his crop.
Eventually winter comes when there is less for him to do to keep him
busy.

There is a lesson here. Learn to use the seasons of life. Decide when
to pour it on and when to ease back, when to take advantage and when to
let things ride. It's easy to keep going from nine to five year in and
year out and lose a natural sense of priorities and cycles. Don't let
one year blend into another in a seemingly endless parade of tasks and
responsibilities. Keep your eye on your own seasons, lest you lose sight
of value and substance.
To Your Success,
Jim Rohn

Lately I've been able to spend a little more time with family, simply because I've learned that I can't do it all..and that I need to work smarter..not harder. MY driving need has been traffic (I'm sure you're nodding heads here), and I've finally found what may be the "Golden Goose" of traffic generation.

Now go here and visit this forum and click on the video link.

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/661470.aspx

To your success!

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THINKING LIKE A FARMER by Jim Rohn
4/30/2007 3:57:07 PM

Thanks Tim my good friend, i may not be able to run , but i sure can walk for the cause here in San Diego! Thanks again Tim. To your Success my friend...

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2007 5:42:45 PM

Ahh Tim..you got it!..we all need to take stock of what is important in life..yes we are driven to succeed.we all fall into those patterns.. and go full bore on overload so easy to do..but to take time and just be..whether is is with family.. a loved one..a walk in the park..these are so necessay to get us in balance again..yes!!!!!

Way to go...

your friend

Diane

+0
Scott Reynolds

493 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/30/2007 5:55:02 PM
Thanks buddy!

I have no problem thinking like a farmer...... I was raised on a farm and I guess it stuck with me....lol

In our rush to succeed, we sometimes forget that others have more troubles that us. By dwelling on our own troubles and not seeing others, we also forget to enjoy the great life we do have. Heck.... I have great admeration and respect for a lot of people I know here at Adland for the life they have been delt and the positive, giving  attitude they have.

No matter how bad we may think our life is...... there is always someone we can help.  By finding them and helping in our own special way (no matter how small) we just made our life better. (see, just watching the video and reading this took your mind off the big rush to succeed)

Besides we don't have to chase success...... it is in all of us.
We just have to believe it.

+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/30/2007 6:01:00 PM
Hello my sweet friend Tim,
Thank you very great story. I do not understand  Jean Maries video does not work for me,Is it working for others???Let me know so I may watch it.

Kathy Hamilton
253 277 1238
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!