Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jason Lamure

3475 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
4/29/2007 10:58:39 AM
Hi Kenneth! Good topic and one that can inform a lot of people on Forum posting ettiquette. If everyone actually read the Adlandpro Terms of Service it would help.... here is an excerpt..... ============================== In addition, the user also agrees not to: post otherwise irrelevant content repeatedly or post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure post the same item or service in more than one classified category or forum, or in more than one metropolitan area ========================================== Thanks, Jason
Losing Your Pants In MLM? If Your Upline Isn't Showing You How to Get 30 Leads / Day, I Can!
http://trckapp.com/t053jnzw
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Spamming the forums is getting really bad ... and not by just one or two member.
4/29/2007 11:06:23 AM
Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for sharing this valuable and very informative information. You have written very clear and concise explanation.

It certainly is not good examples of these 'gurus'
encouraging people to buy their software and read
their instructions to actually break Internet Protocal.

So many newbies and not so newbies do not know
the rules and it so easy to make mistakes on ones
own without Gurus telling them how to break them
in the first place!  Shame on them..

Kind regards
Amanda

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/29/2007 11:28:03 AM
Hi Ken,

It is good to see (hear, if you read outloud) a voice of sanity at AdlandPro.

Spamming has reached such proportions at here that PM's are no longer private messages and invitations to be friends are no inivtations to be friends

Heathers post expresses my sentiments 1000%     Way to Go Heather!!!!! 

"I couldn't agree with you more.  Not only has forum spamming reached staggering heights, but so has just about every other avenue of Adland.

Invites to be friends, and emails have gotten way out of hand.

My time at Adland has been cut down significantly due to all the spamming"

It is the biggest put off to spending time at Adland or even reading the post notications.  These are meant to be Networking forums within an advertising community - There are so many places to place ads as it is.

The irony is that copy paste spamming doesnt even help get real traffic!  See Dave Cottrell's(now famous) forum How to get Real Traffic.

Jason raises the point about the TOS.    This  has always made me wonder.  I had alway considered a  copy paste masquerading as a PM as spam, especially when sent by someone not on my friends list but also if they are. 

But these rules are not enforced - it is left to the individual members to deal with this personally.

Which always leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

There are times when I do not want to receive spam in PMs or  forums, but do not have a personal problem with the person sending them and do not wish to block them and turn it into a personal issue.
For the same reason I would be reluctant to report someone to the CFC.  I do not understand why Administration does not clarify the terms and then enforce them.

What I do see clearly is that all this copy paste spamming and other forms of spamming at ALP is losing it credibility on the Web as a serious place to discuss and advertise. Never mind a place to pay to join!!  ( I had hoped that paid membership  included the enforcement of the rules by Admin for the the members, but clearly was a little naive on this point! lol)

Hope this forum goes some way to bringing people back to earth about what we are doing in this Community.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
4/29/2007 11:32:35 AM

Kenneth,

You are right about members spamming forums.

I personally do not have a forum, but as I go into other members forums to read the content, I have noticed that many members have posted their advertisement without adding anything to the subject.

This tells me that that member lacks imagination, which tells me that they are desperate and will not invest any money in their business, or they are not making enough money to invest in proper advertising.

We also have the members that send several emails a day inviting you to their newest and latest advertising source that will drive millions to your web site.

The next day, or even that same day they send you another of the latest and greatest sources to obtain traffic.

There is a reality here, there is a difference between traffic, and customers that have a genuine interest in what you have to offer.

Now, if the members happen to be in the Seller, Selling the Seller Business, they may be able to pick up a few customers that are new and inexperienced in marketing.  Then when they discover that a certain program is not productive, they will leave it and search for another of the latest and greatest programs.

They then become like Junk Food Junkies and continue to search for any means of Free Advertisement.

Yes, there may be a few good sites that will produce some results, but the vast majority of these are no more than a means to take blood out of a turnip, and most marketer are poring their money (upgrading cost) down a rat hole.

Now I know that this seems to be some negative thoughts, but the positive is the fact they can save money if they let the expert marketers that harvest leads do the work and then purchase the leads from them.

James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/29/2007 12:18:52 PM

HI KEN, I Think Amanda is right, people who don't know the rules in the first place and those who just don't care.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!