Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
It's all up to Y-O-U!!!!!!!
4/20/2007 11:41:09 AM
YOU CAN’T CONTROL OTHERS’ ACTS, BUT YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR REACTION TO THEIR ACTS, AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS MOST TO YOU!

No one can make you feel any negative emotion-fear, anger, or inferiority-without your express permission. There will always be people who find perverse enjoyment in upsetting others, or who simply play upon your emotions so that they can use you for their own selfish purposes. Whether or not they are successful depends entirely upon you and how you react to their negative behaviors. When you are forced to deal with such people, recognize from the outset that they are trying to upset you, not because of something you may have done to them, but because of some problem they have with themselves.

Tell yourself:
"This isn’t about me. I will not allow this person to upset me. I am in control of my emotions and my life."

And as always..................

EXPECT a great day!  :o)

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's all up to Y-O-U!!!!!!!
4/20/2007 11:45:43 AM
Hey Brian,

I have noticed your absence, but better yet, I now notice your presence.  I'm glad you are back and posting thse awesome posts.

About this thread.... I have to jump up and say HOORAY!

Hey, did you know that....

YOU ARE AWESOME!

***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2007 12:30:59 PM
Hi Brian,

This is an outstanding post.......with a clear message that we all should listen to!

Thank you for another great inspirational thread as always, and you MADE MY DAY!  :-)

Blessings,  Jill
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/20/2007 12:36:11 PM

Hi Brian,

One of my business coaches used to say all the time:

"Personal importance, or talking things personally, is the maximum expression of selfishness because we make the assumption that everything is about “me.”

I can hardly remember giving people permission to upset me - I don't anymore.  AWESOME post and forum, Brian.  So nice to see your smiling face!

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/20/2007 12:46:32 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the post. This is something I have been practicing for sometime now.

When I find things slipping a bit, my matra takes over, "Your Attitude is Your Decision decide to have a good one."

It gets easier with time and work.

I have to tell you I took a peek at your (I think myspace) page and I was overwhelmned. So much to look at and take in.

Great work. Love the posts.

Share the Moment

Nick Grimshawe
Building Businesses Together

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0