Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Wherever we look upon this earth..
4/17/2007 5:34:02 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks again for yet another excellent quote.

This reminds me of a story I once heard about the donkey.  It seems that one day, a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.  The farmer tried for hours to free the donkey, whose crying was breaking his heart.  However, he finally decided that it was hopeless.  Since the donkey was quite old, and the well had been dry for several years, the farmer called together several friends and decided to fill in the well and bury the donkey.  Each one grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well.

At first, as he realized what was happening, the donkey cried out horribly.  However, after a few more shovel loads, he quieted down.  Still not hearing any sounds from the well, after several more loads were dropped into the hole, the farmer looked down the well and was simply amazed.

With every shovel full of dirt that hit his back, the donkey would simply shake it off of his back, and take a step up on the newly created pile that he was building.  With each new shovel full from up above that hit his back, the donkey shook it off and stepped up.  Pretty soon, to the astonishment of all of those gathered, the donkey stepped over the edge of the well, and trotted off.

Life is always going to shovel dirt on you, many kinds of dirt.  However, the trick to getting out of the well is to shake off the dirt and take a step up.  Each of our troubles is a stepping stone.  We can get out of the deepest wells by simply not stopping and never giving up. 

Just shake the dirt off and take a step up!

Bless You My Friends,

Phil Black

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Lisa Simpkins

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 5:38:44 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for sharing...something to think about.

I hope you are having a wonderful week.

GOD BLESS!

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 5:48:43 PM
Hey Phil,

I read that story to my kids until they could recite it. Those stories sure help kids understand how to deal with things pretty quick.  Thanks for sharing as a reminder to shake it off and step up.  It's all about attitude!
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 7:23:31 PM

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right!"  Henry Ford

Thanks Joe,

The first time I heard from you, and even more so as I have gotten to know you better, I knew that you would be the kind of Dad that my Father was, when my Brother, Sister, and I were growing up at home.  Regardless of how tired he was, or what mood he may have been in before, when he came through the door, he always had a smile for all of us, and he was always ready to talk, to read, or just to listen. I am very proud to call you Friend.

Bless You My Friend,

Phil 

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/17/2007 11:32:06 PM

Hello Bogdan!

Nelson Rockefeller
Nelson Rockefeller

In office
December 19, 1974 – January 20, 1977
President Gerald Ford
Preceded by Gerald Ford
Succeeded by Walter Mondale

In office
1959 – 1973
Lieutenant(s) Malcolm Wilson
Preceded by W. Averell Harriman
Succeeded by Malcolm Wilson

Born July 8, 1908
Bar Harbor, Maine
Died January 26, 1979 (aged 70)
New York City, New York
Political party Republican Party
Spouse (1) Mary Todhunter Clark (married 1930, divorced 1962)
(2) Margaretta Fitler Murphy (married 1963)

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!