Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Marion Tucker

2751 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Prayers For The Citizens Of The United Kingdom
7/7/2005 10:24:48 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your thoughts and prayers on the senseless terrorist attacks on the United Kingdom and anywhere else these terrorists may attack. Here is a prayer we can all pray if you would be so kind to do so. God Bless You All! Marion Heavenly Father, We come to You in anguish after the terrorist attacks on the United Kingdom. God, we need Your grace to center our minds and settle our hearts. We need Your hope to sustain our passion for justice and our will to be peacemakers. We need Your wisdom to help us recognize your presence dwelling within us and within every being you have made. We need your courage to live as children of light, hope and love, putting away all darkness, fear and hatred. Take from us all longing for vengeance. Fill us with compassion for victims of violence throughout the world. Give us a love that is not withheld even from our enemies. Grant that our leaders may act justly. Be with us in our prayer. Help us to truly believe, not only in Your abiding presence, but also in the power of prayer to move mountains. Pull us from the grasp of violence. Guide our steps in Your way of peace. Amen.
Highest Paying Business Network In The World! http://goldie.secretdm.com/getinfo.html NEW REVOLUTIONARY ANTI-AGING BREAKTHROUGH!!! NO MORE PILLS OR JUICE, just spray nutrients in your mouth! http://Goldie.AliveMax.com
+0
David G Smith

97 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Prayers For The Citizens Of The United Kingdom
7/9/2005 9:17:21 AM
Hi, Marion... Here is my prayer that was posted at my forum about this very hot topic: Dear God, today I ask that you find it within you to stand close by to those families tragically affected by the events in London yesterday. Please give them the strengh to cope in the difficult times that lie ahead and offer them new hopes and dreams, so that they may walk easier into the future in the absence of their loved ones. God, I ask you to touch the very heart and soul of the people who would inflict such injury and loss onto others and make them see the error of their ways. Make them see that though they worship you differently, they still worship the same God as many of those who lost their lives in London yesterday did. Open their eyes to the fact that we are all God's children and that it is wrong for brother an sister to be set upon each other with hate in our hearts. God, I ask you to bring peace in what are very difficult times and show mankind the light that shines when everyone can live together in harmony. God, I ask that you hear this prayer and help us, your children, to love again. To read the whole post, just follow this link:
http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=65062
Thank you all for listening...
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/9/2005 10:51:22 AM
Hi Dave, In response to your prayer for the citizens of the UK. While I agree with your desire to pray for all who have been affected there, and even pray for those who inflicted such horrible pain and suffering on others, I would like to interject a different point of view. I am a Christian, and I am asked to love my enemies and those who persecute me...but I can only do this by the strength of Jesus Christ himself. I can only love others through a changed heart; on my own I would want revenge for what has taken place. But as a Christian I can honestly pray for the attackers and ask God to show them the error of such wickedness (and these acts were wicked!). There's no painting or coloring it nicely. If you agree that the terrorists acts are wicked and vile, then you also have to look at the agenda behind these acts. We are fighting against more than what appears on the surface. There are two forces at work in everything that is taking place in our world. If you believe in good & evil, then who is responsible for the good? Who is responsible for the evil? There is but one God. There are many false God's. Is the true God responsible for telling his children to kill and murder innocent people? The answer is NO. God has nothing to do with such vile things. The God that I serve doesn't order mass murder and destruction, while the God of the attackers says that you will go to heaven if you kill an infidel (anyone outside of the religion). Let's make no mistake about it. The terrorists responsible for the vile and cowardly acts of murder and violence only want the demise of anyone or anything that differs from their view of things. The lack of respect for human life shows me that this is definitely not the same God of the Judeo-Christian heritage. I have been in contact with a couple of friends that are in the UK. They are shaken and in shock, though they are physically okay. I remember the same kind of shock that I felt after 9/11. It's something that continues to linger for a long time. Let's never forget that there is a radical difference in those who love and those who hate. While we are all God's created beings...we are not all God's children. We will know God's children by the works that they do. Your Friend, Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Arthur Gabriele

50 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/9/2005 2:01:41 PM
Hello Marion You are one among many a forum that I have posted and left my prayers for the attack victims in London as I will do the same here. These are misguided people as of those who put Jesus on the cross.. Also for every action there is a reaction. Maybe we need to look deep. Sorry I didn't post earier. Yesterday was my wife's birthday.
Arthur
+0
Michael Rogers

760 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/9/2005 6:02:36 PM
Hello Marion, Amen I don't know how these people can do these things to very innocent people. Something should be able to be done, to get this stopped. But I am afraid it would take even more killing to achieve this. Thank you for this invitation to your forum Hope you are enjoying your weekend Marion respectfully,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!