Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Where IS Everybody Hiding?
4/16/2007 1:42:45 PM
Hi Dave,

Just a quick bravo for Sandy's post -  And the old saying that "united we stand and divided we fall" is valid in every part of lfe, including on internet communities.  With the kind of unity Sandy suggests makes us all winners and in the competition she observes, everyone loses.

Take Care
Jenny

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2007 2:06:25 PM
Hi Leon, I know you are one of the most community-minded people here, so no, I can't be fussing at you! Perhaps tax time is affecting this somewhat, but I think the biggest factor is apathy. A joke I've heard in various forms over the years seems to fit: Tell an inhabitant of the western world he's apathetic and he'll say, "Who cares?" God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2007 2:15:48 PM
Hi Lawton, Oh, my... I actually posted a solution to your email challenge a while back. Get an email account strictly for Adlandpro. There are lots of places to get free email accounts, and you can set up separate accounts for any community or safelist you belong to. That keeps your primary email account clear of the bulk of the email you receive, making it a lot easier to keep everything under control. God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2007 2:17:28 PM
Hi Jill, Thank you for always being positive! Our community needs more people like you (and your great forums!!) God bless, Dave
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/16/2007 2:35:05 PM
Hi Art, You know, I think you're on to something. It does seem that I delete far more mail than I ever read. It's to the point now where my eyes tend to glaze over and my delete button just keeps clicking away until every now and then, on some rare and unusual occasions, something actually catches my eye (or is it, gets in my eye... lol!) It is quite sad that so many people are so sucked into the idea that they can copy and post ad copy that hundreds of other people are using to successfully build their businesses. The irony of it all is that if they made a few changes to the subject line and ad copy, they could likely improve that copy AND have a lot more success with it, with very little extra effort. God bless, Dave
+0