Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You can’t win...
4/10/2007 12:24:57 PM
Hi Bogdan!
Thank You for another fine quote...
Just don't make losing a habit...pick yourself up...dust yourself off and start all over again!!
NEVER QUIT!!!
Have a pleasant day...Steven.
+0
Dale Ostrum

265 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/10/2007 1:27:28 PM
Great quote Bogdan and I definitly know how to lose.  Hopefully I'm on my way of learning how to win LOL
My retirement fund. 1M members to come this year. http://vortexportalpro.com/viewmercial/index.asp?id=42584
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/10/2007 5:34:03 PM

Hi Bogdan!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Position Center
Height ft 2 in (2.18 m)
Weight 267 lb (121 kg)
Nationality Flag of United States United States
Born April 16, 1947 (age 59)
Harlem, New York
College UCLA
Draft 1st overall, 1969
Milwaukee Bucks
Pro career 1969–1989
Former teams Milwaukee Bucks (1969–75)
Los Angeles Lakers (1975–89)
Awards 1967-68 USBWA College Player of the Year
1969 Naismith Award
Six-time NBA MVP
Six-time NBA Champion
Two-time Finals MVP
NBA Rookie of the Year (1970)
Hall of Fame 1995

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Neil Reinhardt

1314 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: You can't win...
4/10/2007 9:06:21 PM
Hi Bogdan, While I appreciate your posting the quotes you do and while I really do not like to disagree with people, my desire for being honest, truthful and in being accurate causes me to disagree with many things. And this is one of the many. While I have a lot of respect for Kareem and while his quote SOUNDS as if it correct, it is INACCURATE! A person does NOT have to LEARN how to lose to win, nor do they ever have to experience loss to win. They ONLY have to lose to know what losing FEELS like. The do NOT have to lose to know what it means. And while Georgios quote may be one of the best he knows, "By respecting yourself you respect all the others." The word "ALL" in that quote makes it incorrect as well. A person can respect the heck out of them selves & still not respect people who deny facts, child molesters, sadists, torturers, rapists and those who help our enemies in a time of war (like all anti-war protesters) to name a few. Another inaccurate quote in this thread is: "You are not a good winner until you are a good loser." WHO SAYS? MOST real winners I know are NOT good losers. They HATE to lose. Losing really makes them very angry. While I have lost MANY more times than I have won, I think most of the quotes about winners and losers are written by losers who are just trying to feel better. (And as I said, while I have lost a LOT more than I have won, my partner and I did win three games of two person beach volleyball last night.) Please, Take Care! Neil
This Grumpy Old Son Of A Beach says: For a simple, inexpensive, and great tasting, way to earn money, click here: ----------------------- http://NeilsTeam.jerkydirect.com -------------------- And for a progam which is better than most mlm's I know of
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: You can't win...
4/10/2007 9:31:58 PM
Hello Neil,

You sure have made some good points.   I remember when I first started playing Little League.  My first coach just didn't seem to be able to get skill into most of the kids.  After our 6th straight loss, I felt like what is the point.  Why am I playing this just to lose.  It did not feel good, but I was humble about it.  I always loved to watch the joy of the winning team.  It must feel good I use to think.  I played harder and harder and did my best all the time.  I was a good loser, but I did not want to lose anymore.  Eventually we won and it wasn't quite what I thought it would be.  But, it was always better to win than to lose.
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!