Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
When you wake up each morning
4/8/2007 11:57:21 PM
When you wake up each morning

When you wake up each morning, instead of rising mindlessly, sit for a few moments and contemplate your good fortune: "How wonderful-I've lived through the night!" Many people go to bed healthy and never wake up. Death is very simple. We breathe out and don't breathe in again.

Think to yourself, "I don't know if I have one more day or many. But I will use the time I have well. I'll work for the happiness of others in any way I can, and if I'm not able to help, at least I'll strive not to harm any being-physically, verbally, or mentally." With this resolution, focus on the direction you want the day to take. Your ability to benefit others will increase in proportion to the scope of your intention. Then invoke the blessings of your object of faith, praying that whatever you do will benefit all beings and lead you to realize your true nature.

Throughout the day, apply the four immeasurable qualities [love, compassion, joy, equanimity] and the four thoughts [birth, impermanence, suffering, karma] to all of your activities. Every door you open can be the heart's door to greater compassion. Every meal you purely offer can nourish all beings with loving kindness. Everything you purchase can bring to mind the transitory nature of all things.

Never overlook an opportunity to create virtue. The merit of helping others, dedicated to all beings, is boundless and becomes a powerful force for positive change.

Don't burden others with your expectations. Understanding their limitations can inspire compassion instead of disappointment, ensuring beneficial and workable relationships. Remember that you have only a short time together. Be grateful for each day you share.

Try to resist responding negatively to difficult situations. Every moment of miserliness, hatred, jealousy, or pride drives you more deeply into suffering. These poisons only further obscure the crystal, your inherent perfection. Instead, cultivate acceptance and contentment.

And as always.......................

EXPECT a great day!

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: When you wake up each morning
4/9/2007 12:44:38 AM
Thanks Brian

You continue to share and inspire with beautiful thoughts.

Nick Grimshawe

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2007 12:51:42 AM
Hi Brian, I liked all this good vibration stuff you posted... I will have an expectation of a GREAT DAY .... Expect a Great Day! thanks Beth
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2007 2:18:18 AM
Hi Brian,

It's morning here and that was a nice way to start a great day!   Start yours with a bowl of smiles!

Thanks
Love
Jenny

+0
4/9/2007 2:29:38 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for all your messages which I always read with a lot of interest.
Wishing you a great day.

Lut
+0