Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Best Forum Award Nomination: April 2007
4/11/2007 6:14:18 PM
Hello Mike  and friends!

I was going to nominate one of the best forums here (not mine) that haven't been mentioned yet, but I took a big laugher when I read all the posts and all self-assertions, self-preservations.

A Greek quote says "the prest eulogizes his own beard first".

Well what the other forum ownes do I will do.

HERE IT GOES

Only my Philoxenia topics had more than 5000 visit the last 5 days, but I will give you one topic that is realted to 200 treads and gives smiles to more than 5000 people. Name's Origin gives more than 500 linked names in one topic.

I NOMINATE MY OWN FORUM,

BIRTHDAYS, CELEBRATIONS, NAME'S ORIGIN

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/12526/ShowForum.aspx

A Forum to make our friends happier more social and to give all my friends fact on names, legends, tales, and myths. ALL FOR LEARNING

NAMES
DEFINITION, ETYMOLOGY AND ORIGIN
a dedication to Bogdan Fiedur
and to my AdLandPro friends

Special thanks to Caroline Schneider
For encouraging me to start this forum

Bogdan Fiedur
The CEO and
Owner of AdLAndpro

A sofisticated man
thanks to whom we
have this great Community
Hello Bogdan,

Thank you for giving me and all our friends such a nice opportunity to communicate with thousands of people.

AdLandPro is taking a big part of my free time and I love it. Thanks to you and AdLAndPro I got many international real good friends.

Smile and be happy
Your Good Friend
Georgios

Hello Georgios,

Thank you for being here and bringing quality, wisdom, knowledge and friendship to many of our members. I feel honored by your feedback and your presence here.

Bogdan

Georgios
Paraskevopoulos

A servant spreading knowledge, smiles and happiness.

"KNOW THYSELF"
Be always the best
Excell among the others

A given name is a name which specifies and differentiates between members of a group of individuals, especially a family, all of whose members usually share the same family name. A given name is a name given to a person, as opposed to an inherited one – such as a family name. So, strictly speaking, the term excludes names acquired by other means – such as changing ones name. This article does not generally assume the strict definition.

"The name was given to me, my friends I choose"
[Georgios]

In much of the world, the given name comes before the family name, and so is known as a forename or first name. But in East Asia  (Japan, China, Korea, Vietnam), and also in Hungary, the given names traditionally come after the family name. In those cases, even part of the given name may be shared among all members of a given generation in a family and the family's extensions, to differentiate those generations from other generations.

I have a list of 5000 Greek and European names and several thousands variations of short and pet names. All this names are unsorted in an Excel sheet. It can take up to two-three hours to find all combinations. I am going to update the queue and try hold it strict.

In my country names are given to us normally through a sacred ceremony the BAPTISM SACRAMENT. It is a ceremony held for thousands of years.

Post wanted names and I will try to give you all the information
I have on your name.

Given names in queue:
(Updated 2006.03.27)
Zahida (Zahide), Clairmont (Clermont Clements), Arian, Camille, Helga, Edward,  Esther, Peter, Magdalena, Ashley, Garold, Phillip, Ruth, Caron, Nathan, Calvin, Amanda, Zita, Simmone, Troy, Clay, Sara, Pamela, Tracey, Muriel, Artemis, Riley, Roxanne, Gus, Wilson, Bruce, "Styles Temple" - 'Stairway to Heaven', Geketa, Jeketa, Roscoe, Clarisse, Khadar, Ramona, Sarah, Phyllis, Eden, Ellis, Amber, Leah, Megan, Frank, Francisco, Regina, Velma, Taiata, Grace, Pamela,  Herbert, Gloria, Ava, Austin, Gabriel, Cassandra, Mckayla, Serah, Isaiah, Neil, Tamara, Travis, Olubukola, Jurate, Karja, Angelique, Keith, Avis, Allene, Allan, Faye, Lynne, Josephine, Joseph, Mariea, Theron, Simon.

Surnames names in queue: (Updated 2007.03.27)
Weston, Gani, Collmar, Hartley, Lutes, McKinley, Olowoye, Borden-Aycock

Difficult names or family names (not possible to define OR?)
Ebika (Ebi, Ibika, Ibi), Pelikanos, O'Neill, Daly, Walling, Triem (Vietnamese name).

NAMES already defined (updated everytime a new name is defined)
NAMES already defined (updated everytime a new name is defined)

A

Achilles, Adela, Adelaide, Adelais, Ajax, Alexander, Alexandru, Alexis, Alfred, Alice, Allyson, Anacletus, Andreas, Andrew, Anna, Annamaria, Anne, Annemarie, Annelie, Aphrodite, April, Arachne, Areta, Aretha, Aristea, Arild, Arleen, Arlie, Arnold, Arthur, Artur, Augustus Avery

B

Balder, Baldur, Barb, Barbara, Bea, Beatrice, Belinda, Belvin, Berenice, Beverly, Bob (Robert), Bogdan, Brian, Bryan

C

Carl, Carlos, Caren, Caroline, Carrie, Catherine, Cecilia, Celinda, Charles, CheriCherice, Cherilyn, Cheryl, Chloe, Chloris, Chris, Cristal, Christian, Christina, Christine, Christer, Christofer, Chystal, Claus, Cleta

D

Dafni, Daphne, Damon, Damian, Damocles, Darren, Darrell, Dave, David,Dawn, Deborah, Dee, Deirdre, Demeter, Demetrius, Denis, Devin, Diana, Dimitra, Dionysos, Don, Dona, Donald, Donna, Dong

E

Eduard, Edward, Elaine  Elda, Eleanore, Eleonor, Ellen, Elisabet, Elisabeth, Elizabeth, Emmanuel, Emmanuelle, Eureka, Euridice, Eva, Eve, Evridiki

F

Felicia, Felicitas, Felix, Flora, Florence, Floyd

G

Geneva, Georg, George, Georgios, Gerald, Geraldine, Gerhard, Greta, Grover, Guenever, Gwen, Gwendolen, Gwenhwyfar

H

Hector, Heidi, Helen, Helena, Hilda, Hilde

I

Ian, Iason, Irma, Isabel, Iskander

J

Jack, Jacob, Jacqueline, James, Jane, Jason, Jeannie, Jesus, Jewel, Jenny(Gwenhwyfar), Jenny(Jane), Jerilyn, Jim, Joachim, Joe, John, Johnny, Josue Judas, Judith, Julia, Juliana, Julius, Juliette

K

Karen, Katarina, Kathleen, Kathy, Kay, Kim, Kimberley, Kimberly, Klaus

L

LaNell, Larry, Laura, Laurel, Laurence, Leander, Leanne, Lee, Lennart, Leon, Leonard, Leonid, Leonti, Linda, Lisa, Lisbeth, Liz, Liza, Lloyd, Lorraine, Loyd, Louis, Lucia, Lucius, Lucifer, Ludwig, Luella, Luis, Lynn, Lynda, Lyndalee.

M

Maia, Mairead, Maja, Malcolm, Manuel, Margaret, Maria, Marc, Marcus, Marianne, Marilyn, Mary, May, Maya, Megan, Melania, Melanthe, Melissa, Michael, Mikael, Mike, Mohamed, Muhammd, Myrna

N

Nan, Nancy, Nell, NellyNicholas, NickNicolaus, Nicusor, Nike, Niketa, Niki, Nirmala 

O

Orfeas, Orfevs, Orpheus

P

Pat, Patricia, Patrick, Paul, Pauline, Peggy

Q

R

Reba, Rebecca, Rhoda, Rita, Robert, Robin, Robyn, Ron (Ronald), Ron (Veronica), Ron, Rosa, Rose, Rosalinda, Rosamunda, Rosemarie, Rosanne

S

Sam, Samantha, Samuel, Sarka, Serge, Sergey, Sergius, Shae, Shannon_Bolin, Sharon, Shea, Sheldon, Sherlock, Sherman, Sheryl, Shirley, Sherwood, Sissel, Sonia, Sophia, Stanislav, Stanley, Stefan, Stephane, Stephen, Stephone, Steve, Stewart, Stuart, Susan, Susanna, Suzy, Sydney

T

Tanya, Tatiana, Theodore, Theodosius, Thomas, Tim, Timon, Timothy, Tom, Trina

U
V
Vaclav, Venera, Venerina, Venus, Vera, Verity, Veronica, Vickie, Vicky, Victor, Victoria
WWilliam
X

Y
Yanna
Z

Georgios Forums
*** NAME'S ORIGIN, CELEBRATIONS, BIRTHDAYS

WARM REGARDS
GEORGIOS

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2007 6:37:53 PM
Georgios!

I should be ashamed of myself.  I did not mention your superb PHILOXENIA forum.  Please forgive this person who declares you to be a best friend and recipient of your generous goodwill.

Michael, I do second Georgios PHILOXENIA forum.  There are many visitors to this forum that get lost in the good will.  It is a most fantastic place to spend your days. 

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/12526/ShowForum.aspx
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2007 6:51:48 PM

Well now if Joe can vote , so can i? right Micheal? I third the nomination for Georgios PHILOXENIA.  Question its not up to us right?

AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/11/2007 8:04:52 PM
Hi Everybody,

I am sensing some confusion here.  I believe this forum is for us to nominate our OWN forums and not someone elses, am I right?

Michael, that is how I read your directions below.

Please visit the Information, Rules, and Regulations page regarding the Best Forum Award Contest before nominating your forum here.  It contains important information you should know about the contest. 

Nomination Instructions: Please Read Carefully

1. Click the "Post Reply" Button
  2. Place the Name of your Forum on the first line
  3. Type a brief description (30 to 50 words or less) of your forum below the name. 
  4. Place the link to your forum below the description.
If I am wrong I aplogize - it won't be the first time.  LOL  :-)

Blessings,  Jill
+0
4/12/2007 9:34:48 AM

Hi Jill:

Thanks for your post!

Actually, nomination of others forums is permitted as well so long as it meets the requirements of the contest. 

We realized that many who do meet the requirements were not raising their hands and nominating themselves out of modesty so we amended the regulations to allow for others to nominate others forums.  Provided all the eligibility requirements are met, there is no problem nominating anyone else's forum. 

If you have forums of your friends as well that you'd like to nominate please feel free to do so.

Have a terrific day,

Michael

+0