Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: GETTING STARTED AND NEEDING SUPPORT
9/26/2007 2:19:33 PM

Hi Kurt,

From the sounds of it, you want to create some kind of affiliate program? Or is it that you are looking for a good affiliate program.

In either case I highly recommend that you plug into a good affiliate training system, preferably one that's not going to cost you an arm and a leg.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am setting up just that kind of system, where people can even begin learning and earning while as a free member!
Just check the PATROL link in my signature for more information. The site is still in the building phase, not even prelaunch, but we've been giving Adland a free preview and ringside seat as we continue to build.

To Success!

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
9/26/2007 8:00:04 PM
Tim:
Thanks for the reply, am presently involved with edc gold, thought like so many other things over the years that it was the one to work out without any other. I have since learned that this internet thing will need to involve multiple streams to create the income of my desires. Something(s) to work is what I am looking for advice on.
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/28/2007 12:07:47 PM

Hi Kurt,

Multiple streams??
You know..that's what people keep telling us (or at least some of them do) but I'm wondering if that's just an excuse of some to cover up on the inadequacies of many mediocre systems in providing a steady and substantial income.

There are many successful marketers working just one system, and doing very well at it.

It is now my belief that it's better to focus and stick to one thing that works, improving and building it until it takes on that "life of it's own", or until you can afford to take some time away to consider and build on others.

I've been down that road you're on Kurt, and I know exactly what you're experiencing.

I think what people continue to do (and I know because I've been guilty of it too) is to foster a hope that quick riches will be just waiting at the next great opportunity, and a lot of people prey on that hope.
We forget that there's a lot to learn and a process to go through in becoming a professional in ANY industry. Why would we think the online marketing industry should be any different?

Thing is, what we need IS out there. ALL OVER THE PLACE!
It's called INFORMATION and EDUCATION. 
The Pro's try to tell us (yes and sell us) to build our lists, develop traffic, to learn PPC and other complex advertising methods, create our own presence on the web, write articles, build web pages, and on and on the list goes...
So what do the majority of us do??
The percentages tell us that about 95% don't want to do those things. They prefer to have their safe little affiliate links, or pay big bucks over and over for "automatic" systems that will do it all for them, and then wonder why they never seem to make as much as they're spending.

I had a vision of that 95% some time ago. (please everyone..pardon the analogy I'm about to express)
I saw us like a bunch of rats trapped in a flooding basement, hordes of us scurrying around in a frenzied panic..many grabbing onto the closest available thing to try and survive, some swimming alone, others piling up in a corner (where only the ones at the top will survive and the others at the bottom of the pile will drown), bodies dropping left and right from narrow ledges where hundreds are trying to vie for space. Can you see it?

I shuddered when I saw myself acting like that for sure. I'm as guilty as anyone here in Adland for following this trend or that, for "scurrying around" trying to find a way to the "promised land" of "milk & honey". Promoting madly the next thing to answer my quest for online income.

I'm a lot more careful now. You'll see posts from me on things, but my focus has entirely changed. I only post widely on things I believe will truly benefit my friends here in Adland.
I'm certainly not scurrying around. I've discovered that there is another way, one of educating myself, pushing myself to the limits in learning new things. Never being very technical I'm working on servers, editing programs, learning html, installing programs and scripts. I'm learning solid advertising techniques, free and paid. I'm studying every moment that I'm not working.

And it IS paying off. I have had more success in all things since that change of attitude and since I started REALLY applying the things I was being shown.

I'm doing something new almost every day, and I've been making investments in my education for some time now that I believe will pay off in the long run.

And THAT"S the final point I'd like to make here.
I'm in it for the LONG RUN! I'm not looking for instant wealth (cept when I buy the occasional lotto ticket ;-) )
What I am looking to do is learn as much as I can, and help as many people as I can along the way. I believe what Zig said 100%.
I'm building something of tremendous value that will give real benefit to those who participate with me.

So here's to Success!

Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
J.v. Lewis

54 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/28/2007 2:07:17 PM

Kurt, I liked what Tim had to say, I thought it was all very good but I still want to add my two bits worth!

My attitude, much like Tim's, is to help others as much as I can!  I'm also in it for the long haul, but since I'm already 69, I don't know how much longer the "long haul" is going to be! :)

I think this is the forum we were asked not to do any advertizing in so I will just call your attention to my signiture where you will find the link to my website. There you will find several links to income opportunities to choose from!

Again, I agree with Tim that we should not spread ourselves too thin so that we cannot do justice to any one thing! Whatever you choose to work with will most likely take up all your free time, and then some!

For educational purposes, I haven't found anything yet that out does Veretekk (you can find a link to that on my website). You can sign up for Veretekk free of charge and have access to dozens of volunteer free online trainers that don't try to pull the wool over your eyes!

Some of them are even willing to work with you one on one outside the Veretekk system to work you through any problem you might be having.  And since the trainers (which are many) work well with each other, they are able to pool their resources. When one runs into a snag that he or she isn't able to help you with, they tell you who to contact that has a good handle on that particular problem!

Many of the trainers, like Tim, are constantly busy educating themselves to be able to be even more helpful. 

There is one that holds periodical online training on basic HTML. And it doesn't cost anything. Once you know the basics, there are areas where you can go and educate your self on the more advanced until you even become highly skilled, if that's what you want to do! Than trainer even give you the links to them and many of them are also free! 

For any here who may not know, HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. We often see "HTM" which is the same thing but I have learned that some of the older computer systems were not equipped to handle the four digits and so only three were used.

Now HTML is being updated to XHTML and lest my lack of education on this should lead you wrong, I'll leave it to you to learn more about that.  

I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I have learned a great deal and a lot of credit goes to those who have volunteered their time to help me.

My Veretekk sponsor walked me through an area of my personal computer over the phone awhile back to make it function better.  That meant a lot to me, and again - no charge!

Kurt, whatever business you are in - and anyone else who reads this - I hope you all the success in the world and if I can be of help, please contact me!

Your Adlandpro friend,

J.V. 

Please accept this FREE gift! Sign up for your very own website like the one you see here! http://www.clubshop.com/cgi-bin/members/JL4040450 Start earning reward points to redeem as cash rebates, valuable gifts, or donate to your favorite charity!
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/28/2007 3:39:23 PM

Hey Jim,
Thanks for your comments and f
unny you should mention ;-)
I cut my teeth on Veretekk a couple of years ago, and I think I'm still a free member (I had a gold account for some time but just found it too difficult at the time to maintain it)
And no..I didn't see your post as an ad. You were just being truthful in your statements about the trainings that go on there, although to be more accurate most of them are "system-centric" but that's only normal. Beyond html, I believe there were other calls on email, and the process that isn't limited to veretekk called "daisy chaining".

All those FFA and "portals" though..for the most part I found not very effective. Ya..I could blast messages to what is it? 12 million at a time? But what good is that? Nobody reads that stuff..and with how many other thousand veretekkies posting their 12 million messages!? Man..that's a lot of useless mail taking up bandwidth. I know my junk mail address has TONS of spam messages from Veretekk members.

Still, I developed some really great relationships, and I still fondly remember Thomas Prendergast and his theme music before the show..always loved his presentations!

I have to say though... and Veretekk is lumped in with the other systems whose only real product is the system, is the simple fact that you have to get a bunch of people to join to really make any money, and for the majority of people that continues to be an insurmountable chore.
So? What do we do? continue to bring in the newbies and watch them "scurry around"? or do we take a different approach.

I'm ALL for a different approach, and that's what people are going to find with the PATROL.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!